Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-27: Cardinals (Mikolas) at Brewers (Houser) [Brewers lose, 6-3]

Eye Black
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Someone here quite recently told me to "get a clue" and that I didn't understand how things work because I said that Chacin and Albers had zero trade value.

It was me and it was a fair comment. In fact, since that comment the Brewers actually traded for Lyles and Pomeranz two pitchers statistically worse at the time than either Chacin or Albers

Someone here quite recently told me to "get a clue" and that I didn't understand how things work because I said that Chacin and Albers had zero trade value.

It was me and it was a fair comment. In fact, since that comment the Brewers actually traded for Lyles and Pomeranz to pitchers statistically worse at the time than either Chacin or Albers

Yeah, nah, it wasn't.

Salary factors into trade value as well, it's not just ERA. Chacin has been waived and unclaimed and unconditionally released since then, so yeah. Obviously he's hurt now, but he was pitching poorly and worthless before then.

Albers is worth nothing as well. No contender would give up anything of value.

And just because the Brewers traded for those guys doesn't mean they gave up anything. Ponce was worth nothing. He could have been had on the Rule 5 last year. Dubon is obviously not valued much but I thought that was a pretty tremendous overpay for the guys they got.

Whatever, denigrate however you want. You said they had no value and yet a team that holds themselves out as a contender went out days later and traded for two guys with ERAs over 5.00.

Just own it, it’s fine nobody’s 100% right all the time. It’s okay

Whatever, denigrate however you want. You said they had no value and yet a team that holds themselves out as a contender went out days later and traded for two guys with ERAs over 5.00.

Just own it, it’s fine nobody’s 100% right all the time. It’s okay

:laughing :laughing :laughing

Man talk about spin. I guess by that logic, every 5+ ERA pitcher has trade value. I literally said in that thread that Chacin could probably end up being unclaimed if waived, that thing literally ended up happening, and you still sit here completely unwilling to admit you're wrong, all the while the other guy you said had value is getting shelled. While the Brewers giving up little for a couple garbage pitchers that have absolutely nothing to do with Chacin or Albers somehow proves your point. :laughing :laughing :laughing

Hilarious stuff, man. Get a clue.

How awkward would it be to fake sing to somebody for a crappy car commercial? If I had to do that, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face knowing how stupid I would look to the person looking at me and everyone that would eventually be watching.

Time to put in the 1982 highlight film and head to bed I guess.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

This team is just not very good. It's not hard to see. The pitching generally stinks. They have a few good hitters. You would think on paper that they should be at least the same as last year, but it's becoming pretty clear that the 2018 team massively overperformed.

I would not be surprised if Counsell decides to go somewhere else next year if Stearns doesn't want to address the pitching this off season. We know Counsell isn't Stearns hire and although they seem to get along fine we don't know whose idea this past off season was. Counsell is so punch drunk from this bullpen he has to demand resources be spent. if Stearns says lets go cheap with young guys and doesn't get real help ask to be set free. The guy would have a job the next day.

Grisham going to need to pick it up a bit if he's going to see much time in September.

Yeah. The kid was so hot when he got called up and of course sits four or five days a week. Pinch hits lefty vs lefty a bunch and now is struggling. Brewers baseball. Catch it!!

When did Grisham sit 4 or 5 days a week since he got called up? He has been starting and playing pretty regularly but just hasn’t been hitting the last couple of weeks. An occasional home run and that’s about it.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I would not be surprised if Counsell decides to go somewhere else next year if Stearns doesn't want to address the pitching this off season. We know Counsell isn't Stearns hire and although they seem to get along fine we don't know whose idea this past off season was. Counsell is so punch drunk from this bullpen he has to demand resources be spent. if Stearns says lets go cheap with young guys and doesn't get real help ask to be set free. The guy would have a job the next day.

I think Stearns has done ok. I never would have thought that Burnes and Peralta would flop so bad that they can't even make the MLB roster much less start. I would have thought someone like Jacob Barnes or Taylor Williams could step up in the pen. It just never happened.

This team has been showing us all year who they are.......a mediocre 500 ish team that doesn't do anything well on a consistent basis......

Just can't see them suddenly getting hot against better teams.......as Kramer famously said " Put a fork in me Jerry......I'm done".....

Archived