Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-26: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (González) [Brewers lose, 12-2]

Eye Black
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So glad I decided to watch this from home instead of heading to the ballpark straight from work.

I almost did too. But if we had shown up, we would be winning I’m sure.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Do you need “heat” to be a good starting pitcher?

I think our little experiment of a rotation full of soft tossers has proven this point. You don't need it, but it sure helps.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Do you need “heat” to be a good starting pitcher?

I think our little experiment of a rotation full of soft tossers has proven this point. You don't need it, but it sure helps.

Well, the opening day rotation had Burnes and Peralta, who I would not qualify as soft tossers.

Wade Miley's average fastball this year is 91.0 mph. I think that qualifies as a soft tosser.

There are lots of good examples of “soft tossers” who are really good starting pitchers.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Ok, your right Cain’s on fire at the plate, and Grandal’ not tired from playing constantly, and maybe it’s only been a month since he homered.

It's actually been 13 days.

It's been 2 days since you said you could tell something special was happening with this team and it was more than just a 3 game winning streak. You gotta stop making predictions.

Sometimes a 3 game winning streak really is just a 3 game winning streak and little else.

Gio is a problem. Davies is a problem. Lineup vs LHP a problem. Cain a problem. Other than those problems, this team in great shape. Some of the issues I mentioned can be mitigated somewhat by the Stearns September Roster. But if Moose has a broken wrist it’s gonna be tough.

Ok, your right Cain’s on fire at the plate, and Grandal’ not tired from playing constantly, and maybe it’s only been a month since he homered.

It's been 2 days since you said you could tell something special was happening with this team and it was more than just a 3 game winning streak. You gotta stop making predictions.

Sometimes a 3 game winning streak really is just a 3 game winning streak and little else.

Gio is a problem. Davies is a problem. Lineup vs LHP a problem. Cain a problem. Other than those problems, this team in great shape. Some of the issues I mentioned can be mitigated somewhat by the Stearns September Roster. But if Moose has a broken wrist it’s gonna be tough.

What September roster

This game was decided before the usual start time.

The Cardinals are determined to bury the Brewers and the Brewers are bending over.

It’s been a slow fade for the last couple of months, but by Sunday there shouldn’t be anyone saying things like “They’re only X games out” or “Last year....”.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Yes, Grandal homered once in last 30+ games, he’s an on base machine, because of the walks, but his bat has slowed, why?

Maybe it’s the ridiculous amount of play? Some or most of you can and have made fun of the Freitas, but playing him at first with Pina Catching vs LHP, AND RESTING GRANDAL, was a no brainer, and massive mistake. Powerless Grandal is showing that every day now.

Nobody coming up in September is going to make any bit of a difference in being a playoff team or not.

If we has some secret weapons ready to unload in September, they'd be here helping now.

The Cardinals are determined to bury the Brewers and the Brewers are bending over.

It’s been a slow fade for the last couple of months, but by Sunday there shouldn’t be anyone saying things like “They’re only X games out” or “Last year....”.

This team really was done by all star break. Not by mathematical probabilities, but you could just tell they weren’t really very good

I was resigned to this fate earlier than most people, they just weren’t even close to last years team where I was considerably confident of their chances by the end of July.

No team with a -30 run differential has ever made the playoffs. That the Brewers have hung around this long is something of a small miracle. That's not an excuse for the deficiencies, as there's a few, just pointing out a statistical fact.

I was told early in the summer, repeatedly, that the poor run differential was far less meaningful about the prognosis for this team than the potential positive regression from all the under performers.

This team really was done by all star break. Not by mathematical probabilities, but you could just tell they weren’t really very good

I was resigned to this fate earlier than most people, they just weren’t even close to last years team where I was considerably confident of their chances by the end of July.

I cant wait until its the last week of the season and you two are jerking each other off about how correct you about the Brewers being mediocre. I mean, I know that's why I come to this place. Thank you again for being such great fans and letting us all know about it.

Archived