Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-26: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (González) [Brewers lose, 12-2]

Eye Black
Why’d they send down Gamel if Grisham’s just going to sit on the bench most of the time?

I get this argument, but at the same time, Braun is as hot as he's been in probably a couple years, so if he can play, he should be out there. I think they are trying to get Cain going, to, and that won't happen if he sits.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why’d they send down Gamel if Grisham’s just going to sit on the bench most of the time?

Because when they play one up here they'd rather play Grisham because they think it helps increase their chances to win the game, sometimes it's that simple. Grisham has been playing. Braun sits 1/3 of games, then some for Cain and late game subs.

I get this argument, but at the same time, Braun is as hot as he's been in probably a couple years, so if he can play, he should be out there. I think they are trying to get Cain going, to, and that won't happen if he sits.

Braun is hitting .390 in August, his highest batting average in a month since August of 2010. Braun has been arguably their second best hitter this season and needs to be out there every day down the stretch that he physically can. If Braun is healthy, we need him playing.

Saw earlier today that Braun is like .209 career vs Wainwright. Might be the game they give him off in this series. That said, I didn't check him vs the other two Ps but the samples on those guys will be small whereas he had something like 90 ABs vs Wainwright. Of course, Wainwright isn't what he was either so much of that sample might be moot as well

Grisham should be playing CF, and leading off. When Braun needs rest, Grisham to LF and Cain to CF, with Grisham leading off. Doesn’t matter if LHP or RHP. Cain has had ample opportunity to hit again and really hasn’t, it’s just who he is THIS YEAR. Grisham should be playing everyday and batting leadoff.

Grisham should be playing CF, and leading off. When Braun needs rest, Grisham to LF and Cain to CF, with Grisham leading off. Doesn’t matter if LHP or RHP. Cain has had ample opportunity to hit again and really hasn’t, it’s just who he is THIS YEAR. Grisham should be playing everyday and batting leadoff.

Perhaps they've realized that Grisham is a liability on defense playing CF?

Need two out of three. Took a nice step forward the last four games. Can't keep giving those games back right away if we really want to contend for a wild card (or the division).

I do think we will get 2/3. Pitching matchups are in our favor for once and the Cards are really due to lose a game or two.

I agree with you there. The Cards have been winning vs. sub .500 teams while losing to teams of equal quality or better.

I don't know about you guys, but with the possible exception of the Cubs I don't see any East or Central ball club beating the Braves AND the Giants to claim the pennant. They just have too many Aces.

Perhaps they've realized that Grisham is a liability on defense playing CF?

I’m sure he is a liability, at least compared to Cain, but from what I’ve seen, is more than competent in CF, and Grisham batting leadoff offers better offensive potential, AND gains valuable experience. Grisham shouldn’t be sitting, Cain Should, probably help his thumb.

Need two out of three. Took a nice step forward the last four games. Can't keep giving those games back right away if we really want to contend for a wild card (or the division).

I do think we will get 2/3. Pitching matchups are in our favor for once and the Cards are really due to lose a game or two.

I agree with you there. The Cards have been winning vs. sub .500 teams while losing to teams of equal quality or better.

I don't know about you guys, but with the possible exception of the Cubs I don't see any East or Central ball club beating the Braves AND the Giants to claim the pennant. They just have too many Aces.

Giants or Dodgers?

Giants or Dodgers?

LOL oops :(

Molina stinks now but always seems to come up with big hits.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived