Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-25: Diamondbacks (Ray) at Brewers (Davies) [Brewers lose, 5-2]

Eye Black
I know he was rode out of town for whatever reason but Villar would have been a great fit for this team. Would have really been a great option off the bench against either handed pitchers and a nice guy to be able to plug in anywhere in the IF when needed.

Just a really bad trade.

Made us worse last year, and this year. Villar would be great for us right now.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Automate the damn strike zone. Please automate it.

Would have been nice to see Cain trying to do more than Sunday jog to 1st.

If the strike zone was automated, Cain would've been down in the count 1-2 and possibly protecting against a called strike by swinging at that pitch.

Yelich was challenged all AB long. Can’t say he didn’t get pitches to hit.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Even though they only scored two runs, they had good at bats all game long. A lot of pitches seen. Tons of full counts. Some hard hit balls at people. Sometimes it’s just baseball I suppose.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Bullpen is good, about to get better in a week. Rotation still solid. Offense vs RHP is solid, vs LHP is abysmal. Defense is good, unless Hiura is involved then horrible.

If we win the rest of our games vs Righties and lose all our games vs Lefties I think we win the central, or because of the cubbies Lefties, maybe not.

I suppose we can look at the positives here. Hader looked like his old self and we took the series. It is just damn difficult to sweep teams.

Negatives? Huira has to work on his defense big time. He is botching routine throws out there. I hope we can get Yeli back to his MVP self soon (like tomorrow...).

I told a buddy of mine before the inning started that if braun got an atbat, the brewers would win. I still believe that to be true, but obviously didn't happen. Those that say umps can't change the game with a few calls should watch this one over. Probably 6 or 7 really bad calls that almost all went against us...a few in very critical spots. The hiura out and the 2-1 pitch to cain jumping out at me most. I feel ok with how team played. I generally think we outperformed the dbacks today, especially from the 5th inning on...but even before that we had our chances to score and simply didn't take advantage. Oh well, 2 of 3 is good. I would be thrilled with another 2 of 3 against the cards

I know he was rode out of town for whatever reason but Villar would have been a great fit for this team. Would have really been a great option off the bench against either handed pitchers and a nice guy to be able to plug in anywhere in the IF when needed.

Just a really bad trade.

Horrible actually.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Just a really bad trade.

Horrible actually.

CC can wear that one as much as Stearns. Ran him out of town.

I’m just glad the horrific players weekend is over with their clown show uniforms. I did not watch one game this weekend.

That'll show 'em!

My intent was not to “show them.” My intent was to not subject myself to a visual clown show.

Given how the uniforms were universally reviled, I would expect MLB got the point.

Archived