Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-25: Diamondbacks (Ray) at Brewers (Davies) [Brewers lose, 5-2]

Eye Black

Since everyone is kind of done with trotting out the 1982 Milwaukee brewer celebration days, it’s time to move onto a celebration of our great 2019 San Antonio missions legends

I’ve already got a ticket for 2039 opening day when we can celebrate the return of Tyler Saladino, Aaron Wilkerson and Burch smith and how they carried us to a memorable 83-79 record

David Freitas won’t be able to make due to a commitment to his hall of fame induction that weekend

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So people want Grisham to start but are having an issue with him here? He doesn't have bad splits versus lefties and has pop in his bat. WAY too much is being made of lefty-lefty. This board is infected in the mind with this crap.

Just because he doesn’t have drastic splits doesn’t mean he’s the best option to hit against a lefty. I would guess Perez has better numbers vs LHP.

Maybe he is but Grisham bit lefties in the minors and if he never sees them in the pros, he will actually become a platoon player.

Almost all lefties are platoon players to some extent. Mike Moustakas, who is considered good enough to start against lefties, has a .712 career OPS vs LHP.

Travis Shaw, one of our best offensive players coming into the season, career .669 OPS versus lefties.

Yelich obviously can hit them, but even he hits righties at a far higher clip, 120 points better. Christian Yelich of all people has only a career .787 OPS versus lefties.

This is why when you load up your roster with lefty bats, you're going to put up a lot of bad offensive days against lefty pitching like we are doing once again today. It's not just about PH options.

Well, that settles that. I could steal off of Black.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Black and Pomeranz looked great. Nice to see.

Good swing on that ball there Pina!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Braun not happy. Neither am I. That shoulda been a dinger.

Braun not happy. Neither am I. That shoulda been a dinger.

What happened?

Nothing much. He hit one about 370 feet instead of the 375 he needed to get it over the wall. Looked like he got it down on the bat a bit. But he had a nice long profanity as he hit first base when it was caught that Fox Sports liked showing us.

When the game comes down to Thames vs. A lefty you are in a tough spot. Two huge pinch hit spots and you end up lefty lefty both times. Perez still waiting.

He's gotta be hurt. I can't think of another explanation.

If he hits in the 9th it's going to be a question that needs to be asked.

I know he was rode out of town for whatever reason but Villar would have been a great fit for this team. Would have really been a great option off the bench against either handed pitchers and a nice guy to be able to plug in anywhere in the IF when needed.

Just a really bad trade.

Archived