Brewer Fanatic

Sept 1 predictions

patrickgpe
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It’s called levity. Or just using silly humor to express my, what I think, should be obvious to everyone, Grandal needs to rest theory.

You’re using silly humor to not confront when shown to be wrong in your scattered statements. It’s part of the reason your infestation of these boards scatters to about 25 different active threads without counting the many you’ve already killed. But yeah, carry on...

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Nelson with a bad outing in last nights game:

1 ip 2 h 2 r 1 bb 2 ks

26 pitches 14 for strikes > not good.

Command of his pitches has to be the issue, stuff has to be good, striking out lots of batters, maybe, starts out pitching low leverage situations only, for the crew?

1 ip 2 h 2 r 1 bb 2 ks

Command of his pitches has to be the issue, stuff has to be good, striking out lots of batters, maybe, starts out pitching low leverage situations only, for the crew?

Wasn't he a relief ace after his last outing? Once again, another lesson in not overdoing in game by game or small samples. Just relax sometimes.

1 ip 2 h 2 r 1 bb 2 ks

Wasn't he a relief ace after his last outing? Once again, another lesson in not overdoing in game by game or small samples. Just relax sometimes.

Nelson has had command problems the entire time he's been in San Antonio, not just one game. In 40.1 IPs he has 24 walks, 3 HBPs and 8 wild pitches.

September (1):

1.) Freitas

2.) Peralta

3.) Suter

4.) Nelson

5.) Shaw

6.) Gamel

7.) Wilkerson

8.) Burnes

September (4):

9.) Faria

10.) Barker

11.) Nottingham

12.) Taylor

13.) Bickford

DFAd > Saladino T. Williams Stokes

September record > 19-8

Barker and Bickford are not on the 40 man roster and I don't see them making the move. The Brewers already have to dump 2 guys to fit Nelson and Suter back on. Wilkerson would be a prime candidate to be dropped, so I don't see him coming up either.

September (1):

1.) Freitas

2.) Peralta

3.) Suter

4.) Nelson

5.) Shaw

6.) Gamel

7.) Wilkerson

8.) Burnes

September (4):

9.) Faria

10.) Barker

11.) Nottingham

12.) Taylor

13.) Bickford

September record > 19-8

Barker and Bickford are not on the 40 man roster and I don't see them making the move. The Brewers already have to dump 2 guys to fit Nelson and Suter back on. Wilkerson would be a prime candidate to be dropped, so I don't see him coming up either.

Yes, your correct with both not rostered. Bickford I already accounted for, Barker I did not, so no Barker.

September (1):

1.) Freitas

2.) Peralta

3.) Suter

4.) Nelson

5.) Shaw

6.) Gamel

7.) Wilkerson

8.) Burnes

September (4):

9.) Faria

10.) Barker

11.) Nottingham

12.) Taylor

13.) Bickford

September record > 19-8

Yes, your correct with both not rostered. Bickford I already accounted for, Barker I did not, so no Barker.

Who do you think will come off the 40 man roster to accommodate Nelson-Suter-Bickford? Imo only Nelson and Suter would be added to the 40-man and Taylor Williams and Wilkerson would be dropped. I didn't see Bickford making it.

i may be wrong, but i believe that a player who is optioned to a club whose season ends does not have to meet the 10-day requisite stay in the minors in order to be recalled.

if this is true, the brewers could option chase anderson with his permission, recall travis shaw, and recall anderson tuesday. of course, this is a gamble in that if san antonio won all four remaining games, and round rock lost all four, san antonio's season would continue. unlikely scenario, but could happen.

if anderson was optioned, he would not burn his final option and would be credited with a full year of major league service. he would, however, be required to travel to report to the class aaa club.

of course, anderson (or another player) could be optioned to a club whose minor league season is guaranteed to end monday. anderson just makes the most sense for roster depth because his turn in the rotation would come up after tuesday.

Shaw was pulled from San Antonio's lineup tonight, so expect him back tomorrow with Moustakas/Hiura out.

Burnes emerged from the Secret Pitching Lab only to blow up in the first inning once again - 3 hits, 3 walks, 4 runs.

Just looking at the box score it doesn't look good for Burnes but he had a solid final three innings. Baby steps to build off of. Give him another start in the AA playoffs or even call him up since it doesn't look like the Brewers year anyways.

A new and delayed September call-up. [sarcasm]But hey, 1/3 of my master plan to win the Southern League is complete![/sarcasm]

Tom

@Haudricourt

#Brewers are optioning Devin Williams to @BiloxiShuckers so he can pitch in playoffs there.

@missionsmilb are done playing Monday and Williams must stay down 10 days.

Will be interesting to see Jimmy get some run this month to see what he has........says he found 3-4 mph down there.....

I am looking forward to how he comes back in the spring after having a regular off-season.

So it looks like Austin, Nelson and Suter up for sure that need 40-man spots. Jeffress released. Still need to additional moves to open spots.

Edit: Wilkerson and Stokes DFA'd. Both make a lot of sense, although Stokes is still pretty young. He's been bad this year though. Really bad. Tyrone Taylor's hot steak lately probably kept him from a similar fate.

So it looks like Austin, Nelson and Suter up for sure that need 40-man spots. Jeffress released. Still need to additional moves to open spots.

Edit: Wilkerson and Stokes DFA'd. Both make a lot of sense, although Stokes is still pretty young. He's been bad this year though. Really bad. Tyrone Taylor's hot steak lately probably kept him from a similar fate.

Maybe Saladino will be back, at some point?

Archived