Brewer Fanatic

Cory Spangenberg contract selected from AAA, Gamel optioned to AAA, Chacin DFA

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It’s odd to not announce the corresponding move. I assumed this meant probably suter. Frees up a 40 for sept 1, hopefully for barker?

Spangenberg took the spot.

Yes on the 40 but they are one short on the 25. I didn’t realize the 40 was full again though.

It’s odd to not announce the corresponding move. I assumed this meant probably suter. Frees up a 40 for sept 1, hopefully for barker?

Spangenberg took the spot.

Yes on the 40 but they are one short on the 25. I didn’t realize the 40 was full again though.

Corey up, Gamel down. 25 man full.

When your opening day starter gets DFAd, that tells you all you need to know about how bad our pitching is this season.

This says it all

Or it could only mean the guy who pitched out of his mind in 2018 came back to earth in 2019?

When your opening day starter gets DFAd, that tells you all you need to know about how bad our pitching is this season.

Going into the season i don't think the team thought Chacin was their best starter. Just the best out of the guys who had pitched a full season in the majors already so didn't need some control over their pitches thrown on the year. We started 3 rookies in the rotation, doesn't leave a lot of choices for the opening day guy.

Chacin started four of the biggest games in franchise history:

- Gave up 1 run in St. Louis in the postseason clincher

- Gave up 1 run at Wrigley in the game 163 division clincher

- Gave up 0 runs against Colorado in the game 2 NLDS win

- Gave up 0 runs in LA in the game 3 NLCS win.

Those 4 games made his entire contract worth it.

Chacin started four of the biggest games in franchise history:

- Gave up 1 run in St. Louis in the postseason clincher

- Gave up 1 run at Wrigley in the game 163 division clincher

- Gave up 0 runs against Colorado in the game 2 NLDS win

- Gave up 0 runs in LA in the game 3 NLCS win.

Those 4 games made his entire contract worth it.

Agree. Guy showed up for us when needed last year.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
joulys chacin has been released. he is free to sign with any team.

It's going to be doubly depressing when he's throwing gems for the Cards, Cubs or Reds down the stretch.

Well if it's for the Reds then the Derek Johnson thread will definitely rise from the ashes.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• 3 weeks later...
Very quietly Chacin has yet to give up a run with the Red Sox across multiple appearances with a whip of 0.88

Yeah, that sounds about right. Chacin is a good pitcher. I'm not real sure what happened this year

Not shocked either. For whatever reason sometimes it just doesn’t click.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Very quietly Chacin has yet to give up a run with the Red Sox across multiple appearances with a whip of 0.88

Yeah, that sounds about right. Chacin is a good pitcher. I'm not real sure what happened this year

He's available this winter. I think the Brewers know he's a good pitcher. They just couldn't risk waiting for him to get it together.

Just under 6 innings. Not going to believe he turned any sort of corner. He is pitching out of the bullpen. His last appearance looks good when you see 2.2 ips and 0 runs but when you look closer he gave up 2 hits, 2 walks and of his 7 outs that were hit 6 were fly balls. That line is likely 2-4 runs at Miller Park.

Archived