Brewer Fanatic

Cory Spangenberg contract selected from AAA, Gamel optioned to AAA, Chacin DFA

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Chacin went on the DL with his lay strain it was said to be six weeks which would mean a mid September return. If he’s behind schedule it means he’s not likely to return anyhow which makes it irrelevant if he stays on the 40 man or not, especially playing on an expiring contract.

I’m sure he’s out of options and if he can’t pitch I don’t think another MLB team is going to add him to the their 40 so he’ll probably stay with the Brewers and if he can get healthy it’s easy to re-add him.

When Chacin went on the DL with his lay strain it was said to be six weeks which would mean a mid September return. If he’s behind schedule it means he’s not likely to return anyhow which makes it irrelevant if he stays on the 40 man or not, especially playing on an expiring contract.

I’m sure he’s out of options and if he can’t pitch I don’t think another MLB team is going to add him to the their 40 so he’ll probably stay with the Brewers and if he can get healthy it’s easy to re-add him.

When the Brewers say 6 weeks that usually means 6 weeks to be able to lift a baseball and then some more time for throwing and rehab before returning to the Brewers.

He wasn’t likely to help the Brewers anymore this year. By the time he would be able to return they will likely be beyond help anyway.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

When the Brewers say 6 weeks that usually means 6 weeks to be able to lift a baseball and then some more time for throwing and rehab before returning to the Brewers.

He wasn’t likely to help the Brewers anymore this year. By the time he would be able to return they will likely be beyond help anyway.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I’ll await the Reds picking up Chacin on their march towards the playoffs.

Did you forget the blue? :)

Maybe... :laughing

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Weird that Gamel, the routine bench player, is going down instead of Grisham, who isn't getting the regular ABs he needs to be getting.

Suppose Spangenberg could be an option for the roster next year so there's some time to evaluate him. If he can play a passable SS he makes more sense than Perez.

Weird that Gamel, the routine bench player, is going down instead of Grisham, who isn't getting the regular ABs he needs to be getting.

Suppose Spangenberg could be an option for the roster next year so there's some time to evaluate him. If he can play a passable SS he makes more sense than Perez.

Archived