Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-24: Diamondbacks (Gallen) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers win, 4-0]

Eye Black

The Cardinals have been playing really good ball too. 92, your post(s) kind of illustrate what a lot of us have been saying. Everything is either a manic high or a manic low for you. I'm not judging, I used to be the same way, probably still am to a point, but realize that the truth is almost always somewhere in the middle.

In February, you said Stearns had built the greatest 40 man roster in baseball and a team superior to even the Dodgers. Less than a week ago, you wanted Stearns fired. Now after a simple 3 game winning streak, you are proclaiming us division champions and anticipating a 24-11 finish. Along the way, you've predicted greatness for Burnes, Grisham, and others. You've anointed guys as aces who aren't even major league options right now.

Realize that if we were confident that Ray Black and Corbin Burnes and other guys like that were going to be lights out options in September, they'd be doing it as Brewers right now. We don't have a good enough pen to be currently blocking lights out, unhittable options. Realize that even promising young players don't always automatically turn out to be Christian Yelich or Max Scherzer. These guys are so rare, but you seem to see it in every young hitter with a sweet swing, or every pitcher who can hit triple digits or otherwise has good stuff.

I like Hiura, and I like Grisham. I like what I see out of Jay Jackson lately, and I like what I see out of Devin Williams. But I understand that a lot of us liked what we saw out of Jacob Barnes at one time. I understand that Ryan Braun proclaimed Taylor Williams as having the best stuff of any pitcher in our system at one time. I like what I see out of the rotation lately. But I also understand that anyone in this rotation could bomb their next start, we could see a few in a row anytime, and here we are discussing how bad the pitching is again. I also understand that even if it does happen, it doesn't mean that David Stearns needs to be replaced, or even that the season is over. We have about 35 games left, and it will almost inevitably contain another 3 game losing streak somewhere in there, and another 3 game winning streak.

I know you're a true Brewer fan, but fanhood seems to be a wild roller coaster ride for you.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, something special but fire Stearns!

I’ve changed my mind on that, the anger on my end is gone, he hasn’t had a good 3-4 months imo, but has made up for his bad period with a planned September roster that will make this team one of the best teams in baseball, just like last year. Also love the call-up of Grisham, Spangenberg, and the DFA of Chacín. He’s overcome his mistakes imo.

Please explain why you LOVE the call up of Spangenberg so much. You have mentioned it in several threads, why is this move so special in your eyes?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived