Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-24: Diamondbacks (Gallen) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers win, 4-0]

Eye Black
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game thread has a chance at being the lowest in participation all year. I haven't looked, but I don't remember any others with only 3 pages.

EDIT: There are 4 others with only 3 pages.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Jackson’s the weapon vs RHH’s.

The pace/rate at which you anoint guys is honestly alarming.

It's mainly Brew Crew 92. He has declared Rasmuessen, Perdomo, Peralta, and many others to be ready. lots of man-crushes

Wow. 2 straight wins by more than one run and no ninth inning drama.

I’ll be there tomorrow to see them go for the much needed sweep.

Gotta finish the homestand with a sweep as well.

This game thread has a chance at being the lowest in participation all year. I haven't looked, but I don't remember any others with only 3 pages.

I've been watching Miami-Florida tonight and keeping tabs on the Brewers on MLB gameday and am unapologetic about it.

I've been watching Miami-Florida tonight and keeping tabs on the Brewers on MLB gameday and am unapologetic about it.

That might be the worst football game I’ve ever watched

Jackson’s the weapon vs RHH’s.

The pace/rate at which you anoint guys is honestly alarming.

It's mainly Brew Crew 92. He has declared Rasmuessen, Perdomo, Peralta, and many others to be ready. lots of man-crushes

Of course, it was directed at me. Never said Perdomo or Rasmussen were “ready”. I said if needed, Rasmussen could pitch in pen late in the year. Not needed. Perdomo needs better command, or he’d already be up. Jackson’s not a rookie, has experience as a closer, great stats in AAA all year, and is now pitching in the big leagues like he was down below. I believe we all can see something special with this team is starting to happen, I know I’m not the only one that see’s this. It’s more than just winning 3 games in a row.

I believe we all can see something special with this team is starting to happen, I know I’m not the only one that see’s this. It’s more than just winning 3 games in a row.

Not really. It's just the ebbs and flows of the season. I mean I obviously hope they are about to turn a corner but I don't know what makes this 3 game winning streak different from the 8 other streaks of 3 or more wins they've had this year.

Yes, something special but fire Stearns!

I’ve changed my mind on that, the anger on my end is gone, he hasn’t had a good 3-4 months imo, but has made up for his bad period with a planned September roster that will make this team one of the best teams in baseball, just like last year. Also love the call-up of Grisham, Spangenberg, and the DFA of Chacín. He’s overcome his mistakes imo.

That might be the worst football game I’ve ever watched

Both teams could have used another week of practice. Both just gift-wrapped the game for the other several times.

Makes me feel a lot better about the Badgers, because I haven't seen them make that many stupid mistakes in a game in decades.

Jackson has looked really good in his latest stint.

In his last seven games:

7.1 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 13 K

Post-All-Star break:

14 IP, 7 H, 4 R/ER, 7 BB, 21 K

I think he is slowly cementing his spot on the roster next year.

I believe we all can see something special with this team is starting to happen, I know I’m not the only one that see’s this. It’s more than just winning 3 games in a row.

Not really. It's just the ebbs and flows of the season. I mean I obviously hope they are about to turn a corner but I don't know what makes this 3 game winning streak different from the 8 other streaks of 3 or more wins they've had this year.

Their solid as a rock rotation that at worst is keeping them in games. A pen that is getting good performance’s from lots of arm’s now. An offense that’s hitting better with RISP. And 4 arms that will be added Aug 31-September 1 that will allow for the bullpen to be used to shutdown the opponent from the 3rd inning on.

Jackson has looked really good in his latest stint.

In his last seven games:

7.1 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 13 K

Post-All-Star break:

14 IP, 7 H, 4 R/ER, 7 BB, 21 K

I think he is slowly cementing his spot on the roster next year.

It’s hard for me to celebrate a guy who takes that long to throw a pitch. I couldn’t imagine playing golf with him.

Yes, something special but fire Stearns!

I’ve changed my mind on that, the anger on my end is gone, he hasn’t had a good 3-4 months imo, but has made up for his bad period with a planned September roster that will make this team one of the best teams in baseball, just like last year. Also love the call-up of Grisham, Spangenberg, and the DFA of Chacín. He’s overcome his mistakes imo.

And after the next three game losing streak you'll be back on the Fire Sternes train.

I would be thrilled with a win today and two out of three against both the Cards and Cubs. The way the Brewers have been playing I think it’s fair to be concerned that this next week could put the Brewers in an insurmountable hole. They are fresh off of losing five of six against the Cards and Cubs, and who knows if they would have won the one if the rain hadn’t helped them out. They cannot afford to do that again.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I would be thrilled with a win today and two out of three against both the Cards and Cubs. The way the Brewers have been playing I think it’s fair to be concerned that this next week could put the Brewers in an insurmountable hole. They are fresh off of losing five of six against the Cards and Cubs, and who knows if they would have won the one if the rain hadn’t helped them out. They cannot afford to do that again.

The way the brewers have been playing I think it’s fair to be concerned if I’m the Cardinals and Cubbies. Won’t surprise me if all 3 teams are with-in a game of each other after Labor Day weekend.

Archived