Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-23: Diamondbacks (Kelly) at Brewers (Lyles) [Brewers win, 6-1 -- Jordan Lyles holds the Dbacks hitless over 6 innings]

Eye Black
Just let Lyles go after it. Might be the highlight of this season. Plus Rock can finally zip it about our only no hitter.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just let Lyles go after it. Might be the highlight of this season. Plus Rock can finally zip it about our only no hitter.

Yeah, I agree. It's not like Lyles is a young guy who we are trying to protect...if he wants to keep going and undoubtedly he does, I think you have to let him pitch. Oh well.

Must be interesting to manage a competing team up 6-0 with a chance at a combined no-hitter.

Would make some intriguing bullpen decisions if it lasted.

Almost wonder if that's why he's going with Williams and not Guerra or Albers? Those guys are more of the "pitch to contact" guys, while Williams is more of a "blow it by you" or "get blown up" type.

Complete game no hitters are a thing of the past now.

Eh, I don’t think so. I think almost any manager would still let a pitcher run it up to 115 or so...per usual.

No manager is going to do it when you are at 100 after 6 innings not before and not now.

Sadly. yes

Heck, CG of any sort. I'm torn about the trend, as if you have a good bullpen I have a hard time actually defending leaving any starting pitcher in longer than 7 innings... although we have a bad bullpen and it's a 6-0 game tonight and our starter is a veteran who is a free agent after the year....

Manager should play like the score is 6-0. Forget the no hitter; who really cares about it?

Every single person at that stadium judging by the reaction and almost everyone in this thread and almost anyone else I am sure. I think people would love to see it.

Everyone was talking about it were they not?

Manager should play like the score is 6-0. Forget the no hitter; who really cares about it?

Could have added a no-hitter banner over the left field wall.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Sadly. yes

I mean, (well it's a moot point now) if they indeed did finish off the no hitter, would anyone really get excited about it?

You woulda creamed your pants over it if Pina was the one catching it.

BTW, I know I’m a little late to the thread but, while I’m ambivalent about the players weekend and the silly nicknames, I hate these black and white uniforms.

The best move for the players weekend is the Pirates pitcher who has league permission to have his glove marked to look like the Infinity Gauntlet. If he had all of the Infinity Stones I’d bet that could add a few MPH to his fastball.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Eh, I don’t think so. I think almost any manager would still let a pitcher run it up to 115 or so...per usual.

No manager is going to do it when you are at 100 after 6 innings not before and not now.

But you never see pitch counts get that high anymore. If you have even one laborious inning you have no shot to complete the game.

But you never see pitch counts get that high anymore. If you have even one laborious inning you have no shot to complete the game.

In general, yes...if you had a no-hitter going I don’t think it would be the same.

Archived