Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-21: Brewers (Houser) at Cardinals (Wainwright) [Brewers win, 5-3 in 7.5 innings -- Rain-shortened game]

Eye Black
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm guessing Cubs try to bring back Castellanos but man he would look pretty great in our lineup next year. Stick him in left with Braun at first. Hope Cain comes back to life with Hiura and suddenly you would be ok against lefties you would think?

Explain why he would sign with us.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'm guessing Cubs try to bring back Castellanos but man he would look pretty great in our lineup next year. Stick him in left with Braun at first. Hope Cain comes back to life with Hiura and suddenly you would be ok against lefties you would think?

Explain why he would sign with us.

We're Division Champs!

It's not gonna' stop raining in St. Louis for a long time ... it's an official game ... assuming they cannot play more, do the Brewers get the win?

Yes.

OK, I wasn't sure ... because we had 8 innings of AB's and they have had only 7 innings of AB's.

The brewers had the lead after 7 though, so that would make it an official game if they can't restart it. Crew has a day off tomorrow but the cards dont... would be surprised if they let this delay go much longer without just calling it.

I like our new closer. Some really electric stuff!

Ahh, I see what you did there! ;)

I predict an unforeseen “mechanical malfunction” at some point in the future for the Miller Park roof! :)

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I'm not a huge fan of Grandal hitting 2nd. Too slow, too much GIDP. It only makes sense if Cain can get to 2b often, so if we're going to do that...he needs to be stealing way more often when he gets to 1b. Man we really need to salvage one game here. Not a must win, but it's tough to bounce back from a sweep where we are currently in teh standings.

One thing Grandal is pretty good at is getting on base via a walk so with a runner on base our opponents have to pitch to Yelich.

Houser pitching like a stud........team lets him down so,he reaches back and punches out a good hitter to end it

Even with all of our issues lately seeing Houser pitch like this is encouraging as heck. You can build a pitching staff around guys like him, Woody and Davies going forward. :)

Giants have tied up the Cubs in the top of the 6th ... 7-7.

If the Brewers' pen is a dumpster fire, the Cubs' is a full-on landfill fire.

Even if the Cubs make the playoffs they aren't gonna do much. They can't win on the road and they are not going to surpass the Dodgers.

I see this morning that the game never resumed.

Brewers might have stolen one because the way the game was trending, and the way Hader has been, I was not too confident that they could have survived the last two innings.

So they gained a game on the Cards and held ground with the Cubs, Nats, Mets, and Phillies. With so many teams in front of them they need a run of 7 or more out of 10 to move up, and it’s hard to see that against the upcoming schedule the way they’ve been playing.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Archived