Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-21: Brewers (Houser) at Cardinals (Wainwright) [Brewers win, 5-3 in 7.5 innings -- Rain-shortened game]

Eye Black
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Random question for you guys. They’ve been showing these commercials for StatCast by AWS, constantly. Have any of you seen the output from this? I always see the commercials, but never a stolen base prediction. Am I missing something?

Giants have tied up the Cubs in the top of the 6th ... 7-7.

If the Brewers' pen is a dumpster fire, the Cubs' is a full-on landfill fire.

And that is exactly why being 4 games behind the cubs and cards at this stage has the brewers in contention, no matter how crappy they appear to be playing. Nobody is good enough to run away with it. Get to September in reasonably the same spot in the standings the brewers are now, and I actually like their chances.

Win tonight to pull back within 3 and saddle up!

It kinda bothers me that Tyler Webb is now a solid lefty reliever. He showed absolutely nothing in his short time as a Brewer. Of course the Cardinals find his cheat code.

Short time might be the key phrase there.......anybody can struggle in short bursts.....Brewers gave up on him quickly.....might have needed the roster spot for another player....

I'm guessing Cubs try to bring back Castellanos but man he would look pretty great in our lineup next year. Stick him in left with Braun at first. Hope Cain comes back to life with Hiura and suddenly you would be ok against lefties you would think?

I'm guessing Cubs try to bring back Castellanos but man he would look pretty great in our lineup next year. Stick him in left with Braun at first. Hope Cain comes back to life with Hiura and suddenly you would be ok against lefties you would think?

I hope the Brewers spend their money on pitching........

He would be a good fit, but I am also interested in seeing what Grisham can do in a full time role. I think he's being miscast as a platoon guy, as his minors splits against LHP are not significantly worse than against RHP. If he has the chance of being a complete hitter, I think they need to explore that.

It's not gonna' stop raining in St. Louis for a long time ... it's an official game ... assuming they cannot play more, do the Brewers get the win?

Yes.

OK, I wasn't sure ... because we had 8 innings of AB's and they have had only 7 innings of AB's.

Getting up early to play golf tomorrow. Don’t think I’ll wait up to see if they finish and, if they do, how the Brewers give it away.

The way things are going they’ll probably start the game, then it will start pouring again and the Brewers will lose trying to throw a slippery ball around. A walk off walk or wild pitch would be appropriate.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Getting up early to play golf tomorrow. Don’t think I’ll wait up to see if they finish and, if they do, how the Brewers give it away.

The way things are going they’ll probably start the game, then it will start pouring again and the Brewers will lose trying to throw a slippery ball around. A walk off walk or wild pitch would be appropriate.

I am still fuming mad over that game last year they were forced to play in a ridiculous amount of rain and they blew it even after it was obvious the ball was so wet our pitcher could barely get it to the plate.

Archived