Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-21: Brewers (Houser) at Cardinals (Wainwright) [Brewers win, 5-3 in 7.5 innings -- Rain-shortened game]

Eye Black
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Houser pitching like a stud........team lets him down so,he reaches back and punches out a good hitter to end it

As far as I'm concerned, he's taken away any question of whether he's got a rotation spot next year. Still a relatively small sample, but he's easily the team's best starter right now.

I sure hope the Cards rally to tie this game so the IGT will pick up.

:laughing Maybe all those [sarcasm]bandwagoners[/sarcasm] that said they are done with the season in last night’s IGT are sticking to their word?

Team is playing well tonight, which has kept a lot of the complaints at bay. That hasn't happened much lately.

That post did NOT age well...lol

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

For those of us too broke to watch the games, does Houser have more than the usual 1-2 decent pitches? Aka is he the real deal? The scouting reports I'm looking up cost money :rolleyes
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

For those of us too broke to watch the games, does Houser have more than the usual 1-2 decent pitches? Aka is he the real deal? The scouting reports I'm looking up cost money :rolleyes

He's proven he can throw his sinker, curve and slider all for strikes, as well as a FB that sits at 94-96, and has been dialed up to 97. He's definitely got the pitch mix to be a solid starter.

He's proven he can throw his sinker, curve and slider all for strikes, as well as a FB that sits at 94-96, and has been dialed up to 97. He's definitely got the pitch mix to be a solid starter.

Excellent! Thanks for the reply. That makes me less depressed about this year.

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Phil Bickford is having a helluvan August. Bring him up!
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Still hate Molina more than anyone currently playing... the constant stream of horse steroids looks like it has taken a toll on his face though.

Archived