Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-21: Brewers (Houser) at Cardinals (Wainwright) [Brewers win, 5-3 in 7.5 innings -- Rain-shortened game]

Eye Black

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seeing Houser pitch every 5 games has at least been something to look forward to and will keep me watching until the end of September. Hopefully can get some runs and salvage a game.

Just your regular friendly reminder that for Gomez and Fiers we got back Hader, Santana (Gamel), Phillips (Moustakas), and Houser. What a trade.

One last thing from last nights game

The double was hardly a smash hit. It left Fowler’s bat at 69.2 mph with a 46-degree launch angle and hung in the air for 4.4 seconds, according to Statcast. Batted balls with that profile are hits just 24 percent of the time.

Seeing Houser pitch every 5 games has at least been something to look forward to and will keep me watching until the end of September. Hopefully can get some runs and salvage a game.

If he has a bad outing today, I'll take all the blame. I just picked him up in my fantasy league. My pitching situation is a disaster so taking a long shot.

One last thing from last nights game

The double was hardly a smash hit. It left Fowler’s bat at 69.2 mph with a 46-degree launch angle and hung in the air for 4.4 seconds, according to Statcast. Batted balls with that profile are hits just 24 percent of the time.

24% seems like a lot, I feel like Arcia could get just about anywhere on the field in 4.4 seconds.

1. Lorenzo Cain ® CF

2. Y. Grandal (S) C

3. C. Yelich (L) RF

4. Keston Hiura ® 2B

5. Mike Moustakas (L) 3B

6. Ryan Braun ® LF

7. Eric Thames (L) 1B

8. Orlando Arcia ® SS

9. Adrian Houser ® P

Send Grisham back to San Antonio and bring him back in September please. No point in letting him continue to rot on the bench

I'm not a huge fan of Grandal hitting 2nd. Too slow, too much GIDP. It only makes sense if Cain can get to 2b often, so if we're going to do that...he needs to be stealing way more often when he gets to 1b. Man we really need to salvage one game here. Not a must win, but it's tough to bounce back from a sweep where we are currently in teh standings.

1. Lorenzo Cain ® CF

2. Y. Grandal (S) C

3. C. Yelich (L) RF

4. Keston Hiura ® 2B

5. Mike Moustakas (L) 3B

6. Ryan Braun ® LF

7. Eric Thames (L) 1B

8. Orlando Arcia ® SS

9. Adrian Houser ® P

Send Grisham back to San Antonio and bring him back in September please. No point in letting him continue to rot on the bench

Agreed!

Shouldn't we be pinch hitting here? Then bring Houser in for the PHer?

It "wastes" a pinch hitter, but there are 2 guys on base.... a hit/homer and Houser can cruise through 115 pitches or so....

Or does the "official" lineup submitted count as being "in the game" even if a team hasn't taken the field yet?

Shouldn't we be pinch hitting here? Then bring Houser in for the PHer?

It "wastes" a pinch hitter, but there are 2 guys on base.... a hit/homer and Houser can cruise through 115 pitches or so....

Not sure if your joking or not but once the lineup is submitted Houser has to hit in his spot or be out of the game.

Archived