Brewer Fanatic

Examining some raw data: Milwaukee's reliance on the home run as compared to other National League teams

The stache
First off, thank you for what had to have been exhaustive time consuming work gathering up that truly astounding amount of factual information. The eye test, watching this team, outside of opening day, flail away in what has to be approaching a thousand times with runners on base, has me wondering why some on this site want Arcia Moose Grandal Shaw anywhere near this team, moving forward. Isn’t it obvious we should move on from these players and re-tool at at least 3B SS C and get some hitters with higher BATTING AVERAGES.

Travis Shaw? Trade low, don’t care. Arcia? Trade or option him for year, get him out of this lineup. Moose > OUR WORST HITTER WITH RISP, let him go. Grandal not good in the second half, could be just wore out, which if true could have been remedied by calling up you know who, but nonetheless 15-20 million probably could be used in other area’s.

Where did you get the stats that Moose was the Brewers' worst hitter w/RISP? Who do you want at 3B that would be better than Moose?

First off, thank you for what had to have been exhaustive time consuming work gathering up that truly astounding amount of factual information. The eye test, watching this team, outside of opening day, flail away in what has to be approaching a thousand times with runners on base, has me wondering why some on this site want Arcia Moose Grandal Shaw anywhere near this team, moving forward. Isn’t it obvious we should move on from these players and re-tool at at least 3B SS C and get some hitters with higher BATTING AVERAGES.

Travis Shaw? Trade low, don’t care. Arcia? Trade or option him for year, get him out of this lineup. Moose > OUR WORST HITTER WITH RISP, let him go. Grandal not good in the second half, could be just wore out, which if true could have been remedied by calling up you know who, but nonetheless 15-20 million probably could be used in other area’s.

Where did you get the stats that Moose was the Brewers' worst hitter w/RISP? Who do you want at 3B that would be better than Moose?

Right. Well, for the sake of argument assume Moose/Grandal are back just to eliminate variables. One would think this would improve simply by Cain returning to form (even if not fully 2017 level) as this is exactly what he was brought in to counter. Second, not having about 700 ABs going to Shaw, Jesus, Perez when they're beyond awful. Several hundred of those would be replaced by Hiura. In theory a chunk of Jesus' would be replaced Grisham with Braun going to 1B. Things like that improve it right away. A high contact backup IF instead of Perez would be great as well.

Then of course is the Arcia question, that's another 500+ PA that can easily be improved with a target on this type of hitter.

Dealing with Moose/Grandal replacements is a whole other thing to figure out.

Note: having a 370 + OBP C is not part of the problem. Almost anyone you repalce him with his going to have at best a similar BA, less OBP and less power.

Let's not anoint Grisham as an automatic starter next year. He has done nothing in the big leagues (.231/.280) to show he will be a big contributor next year. It's certainly possible, but so far he has proven nothing.

Right. Well, for the sake of argument assume Moose/Grandal are back just to eliminate variables. One would think this would improve simply by Cain returning to form (even if not fully 2017 level) as this is exactly what he was brought in to counter. Second, not having about 700 ABs going to Shaw, Jesus, Perez when they're beyond awful. Several hundred of those would be replaced by Hiura. In theory a chunk of Jesus' would be replaced Grisham with Braun going to 1B. Things like that improve it right away. A high contact backup IF instead of Perez would be great as well.

Then of course is the Arcia question, that's another 500+ PA that can easily be improved with a target on this type of hitter.

Note: having a 370 + OBP C is not part of the problem. Almost anyone you repalce him with his going to have at best a similar BA, less OBP and less power.

Let's not anoint Grisham as an automatic starter next year. He has done nothing in the big leagues (.231/.280) to show he will be a big contributor next year. It's certainly possible, but so far he has proven nothing.

Think it was Sveum with that stat a week or two ago. Moose at .198 at that time, followed by Cain and Arcia.

Not sure who I’d want. Depends on if going for it next year or not, and payroll. Right now I believe Stearns will go for it, so:

Like I’ve said before, I’d trade Cain to free 17 million, if Donaldson can be had for another 1 year at 23, I’d jump at that. Then upgrade SS, put Grisham in CF(I know taking a hit defensively, but offense will more than make up for it, imo)Freitas at C and that’s a strong revamped offense.

Think it was Sveum with that stat a week or two ago. Moose at .198 at that time, followed by Cain and Arcia.

Not sure who I’d want. Depends on if going for it next year or not, and payroll. Right now I believe Stearns will go for it, so:

Like I’ve said before, I’d trade Cain to free 17 million, if Donaldson can be had for another 1 year at 23, I’d jump at that. Then upgrade SS, put Grisham in CF(I know taking a hit defensively, but offense will more than make up for it, imo)Freitas at C and that’s a strong revamped offense.

Archived