Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-19: Brewers (Davies) at Cardinals (Hudson) [Brewers lose, 3-0]

Eye Black
How do you swing at the first pitch? How?

Does Haines not teach these guys plate discipline?? They swing at more first pitches with runners in scoring position then any team I have ever seen. Such an important AB and you first pitch swing?? Really?? At least it takes 3 pitches to strike out, that would have even been better.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The biggest disappointment for me this season is the performance of David Stearns. I came into the season thinking he could do no wrong and now I question whether or not he will ever win us a World Series.

The minor leagues is in shambles and most of his moves this season have been terrible.

Asa much as I hate this season, I keep reminding myself that even this is better than no baseball at all, which is right around the corner when winter hits...

The transition is easy...because then it's football season

Not for me, I gave the NFL up entirely 2 seasons ago. I can't see that changing anytime soon.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

How do you swing at the first pitch? How?

Does Haines not teach these guys plate discipline?? They swing at more first pitches with runners in scoring position then any team I have ever seen. Such an important AB and you first pitch swing?? Really?? At least it takes 3 pitches to strike out, that would have even been better.

Plate discipline as a whole is not this teams issue as we take a lot of walks. The problem is we don’t have enough guys that hit for a high enough average and we are way too lefthanded.

The biggest disappointment for me this season is the performance of David Stearns. I came into the season thinking he could do no wrong and now I question whether or not he will ever win us a World Series.

The minor leagues is in shambles and most of his moves this season have been terrible.

To me, he's slightly above Ted Thompson as a GM...and I couldn't stand Ted. The only thing I will give Stearns that TT didn't do is at least he spends $$ in Free agency. But again, until his philosophy changes, and he and the organization finally realize they HAVE to spend big on FA pitching, it will be the same old, same old year in and year out.

Asa much as I hate this season, I keep reminding myself that even this is better than no baseball at all, which is right around the corner when winter hits...

Not for me, I gave the NFL up entirely 2 seasons ago. I can't see that changing anytime soon.

Haven't watched much NFL since Favre left, but I do love B1G 10 football something fierce.

According to most people's expectations 2019 was supposed to be the first year they were competing. He vastly overachieved in '17 and '18. A season like this was going to happen, and they are still giving us a reason to watch this late. He had a bad year, but people's expectations also have gotten quite lofty. Which is fine, and what people should demand from the team.

It actually says a lot about how far this franchise has come. This kind of season was a dream for many people in the late 90s and 2000s. We can moan and groan about the farm or FA but it has been "depleted" and "overflowing with the talent" and "depleted" again all within the last four years. These things change fast. Stearns is fine. He will go back to the drawing board and learn.

It really amazes me how many people I have seen recently that don't watch the NFL but LOVE soccer...That just blows me away, I can't imagine life without football. And then a couple months after football starts, College basketball starts, then I'm in my true elements. Football and CBB, to me it doesn't get any better than that. Don't get me wrong, I used to LOVE baseball, I grew up with it, it was my favorite sport for many years, used to score along with Brewer games on the radio even when they were terrible, but the game has changed and it's not the same, and though I like watching the Brewers, I don't follow other teams nearly like I used to.

You question whether he will ever win a World Series?

I resigned myself years ago to the fact that the Brewers winning a World Series in my lifetime is much less than a 50 percent proposition.

It’s 50 years and counting now and a lot fewer than 50 years left. It’s not like they have anything close to a 1 in 30 chance of winning in any given year.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I’m not to the point that I don’t watch but I’m close. I watch Packers games and that’s about it. I don’t do as much fantasy either. Just doesn’t hold my attention like it once did. Heck, even when I watch now I record and start watching later so I can fast forward commercials and sometimes in between the plays.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

You question whether he will ever win a World Series?

I resigned myself years ago to the fact that the Brewers winning a World Series in my lifetime is much less than a 50 percent proposition.

It’s 50 years and counting now and a lot fewer than 50 years left. It’s not like they have anything close to a 1 in 30 chance of winning in any given year.

I resigned myself to the reality they probably won't. 2011 was really the year they probably should have. But, if they ever do, I know that'll be a lot more fun than any Red Sox, Yankees or Cardinals title.

So looking back at what point was the brewers season really over?

In my view it was the decision to send Hiura back down the first time. It wasn't so much about the on field production even though we all knew it was a bad move. It was more about what it said about how badly they really wanted to win. It was almost like yeah he should be here but we owe it to these guys over here even though they are terrible. Right at that point I said this team is in trouble and Stearns is not all in on winning this year. He has made no moves that prove otherwise. He has chewed through a huge amount of good will this season with his lack of foresight and productivity.

It really amazes me how many people I have seen recently that don't watch the NFL but LOVE soccer...That just blows me away, I can't imagine life without football. And then a couple months after football starts, College basketball starts, then I'm in my true elements. Football and CBB, to me it doesn't get any better than that. Don't get me wrong, I used to LOVE baseball, I grew up with it, it was my favorite sport for many years, used to score along with Brewer games on the radio even when they were terrible, but the game has changed and it's not the same, and though I like watching the Brewers, I don't follow other teams nearly like I used to.

Soccer? lol I don't watch it.

I don't want to get political or ruffle any feathers, but let's just say that 2 seasons ago, the NFL gave me a reason to stop watching.

What I have found is that I tremendously enjoy my free time that my no NFL policy has given me.

I no longer waste every Sunday sitting on the couch for 7 hours watching pre-games, games, and post games. (and that isn't counting Sunday night games, another 3 hours)

I no longer waste every Monday night watching two teams I probably don't like.

No more wasted Thursday nights or Saturdays late in the season.

No more fantasy leagues, nothing NFL related at all.

The amount of free time I have cleared is amazing.. This coming from a die hard previous NFL super fan.

Not to mention, I no longer spend money on NFL merchandise. That is also a big bonus in the pocketbook.

So between time and money, I don't miss it at all, not one single bit.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

You guys see there’s a no hitter going? Like the Cards haven’t allowed a hit yet?

No hitter no hitter no hitter no hitter no hitter

That is all.

Relax ... the Brewers are gonna' roar back tonight!

Guess I missed the roar

You guys see there’s a no hitter going? Like the Cards haven’t allowed a hit yet?

No hitter no hitter no hitter no hitter no hitter

That is all.

Relax ... the Brewers are gonna' roar back tonight!

Guess I missed the roar

You didn't hear that roar with the bases loaded?

Soccer? lol I don't watch it.

I don't want to get political or ruffle any feathers, but let's just say that 2 seasons ago, the NFL gave me a reason to stop watching.

What I have found is that I tremendously enjoy my free time that my no NFL policy has given me.

I no longer waste every Sunday sitting on the couch for 7 hours watching pre-games, games, and post games. (and that isn't counting Sunday night games, another 3 hours)

I no longer waste every Monday night watching two teams I probably don't like.

No more wasted Thursday nights or Saturdays late in the season.

No more fantasy leagues, nothing NFL related at all.

The amount of free time I have cleared is amazing.. This coming from a die hard previous NFL super fan.

Not to mention, I no longer spend money on NFL merchandise. That is also a big bonus in the pocketbook.

So between time and money, I don't miss it at all, not one single bit.

After high school I never watched anything but Packers. How some guys can park on the sofa and watch every random game on TV has always blown my mind. I can't do that with any sport.

Archived