Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-19: Brewers (Davies) at Cardinals (Hudson) [Brewers lose, 3-0]

Eye Black
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So looking back at what point was the brewers season really over?

There were many things to pick. But I'm honestly saying Knebel going down. It put tremendous stress on the pen from the get-go. Just having that blue-chip arm to take some pressure off Hader would've been huge. Hader could have been used more like he was last year instead of forcing him to close so often. Knebel is also really the only guy on the staff that's been good for quite some time. There's real dependability there, even though he has bad stretches like every other player.

But none of the other things really stand out to me like that injury. Bad things and bad personnel moves happen every year. He was a huge loss, no matter what WAR says.

Just to contradict myself, I also remember getting swept by Cincy in Sept. Of 2017 and feeling like we were done, only to stay in it until the final weekend. And then there was the sweep of the Dodgers in 2014 that made me feel like we were definitely winning the division, amd we all know how that turned out.

So I have been wrong a lot. And 37 games (assuming they don't come back tonight) is still an eternity. But it is more about the roster than the standings I think...

When Derek Johnson left the organization.

hmmmmm, I might have to agree with this.

Arcia truly does have a cannon for an arm, that was nice!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

There were many things to pick. But I'm honestly saying Knebel going down. It put tremendous stress on the pen from the get-go. Just having that blue-chip arm to take some pressure off Hader would've been huge. Hader could have been used more like he was last year instead of forcing him to close so often. Knebel is also really the only guy on the staff that's been good for quite some time. There's real dependability there, even though he has bad stretches like every other player.

But none of the other things really stand out to me like that injury. Bad things and bad personnel moves happen every year. He was a huge loss, no matter what WAR says.

Relax ... the Brewers are gonna' roar back tonight!

Asa much as I hate this season, I keep reminding myself that even this is better than no baseball at all, which is right around the corner when winter hits...

The transition is easy...because then it's football season

I used to think this. Now I'm happier grocery shopping to get a chore done. The four-hour flag fests lost me. Baseball isn't fast and thrilling, but it doesn't sell itself that way either. I enjoy the pace, checking in and out, even listening to Bill and Rock...plus, if I go, it's 80 degrees and I can enjoy peanuts and beer.

Football used to be my favorite by FAR, but baseball has definitely taken its place for me personally. I can't imagine how bad the National Flag League will be with reviews of pass interference...absolutely ridiculous.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Asa much as I hate this season, I keep reminding myself that even this is better than no baseball at all, which is right around the corner when winter hits...

The transition is easy...because then it's football season

I used to think this. Now I'm happier grocery shopping to get a chore done. The four-hour flag fests lost me. Baseball isn't fast and thrilling, but it doesn't sell itself that way either. I enjoy the pace, checking in and out, even listening to Bill and Rock...plus, if I go, it's 80 degrees and I can enjoy peanuts and beer.

Football used to be my favorite by FAR, but baseball has definitely taken its place for me personally. I can't imagine how bad the National Flag League will be with reviews of pass interference...absolutely ridiculous.

I won't watch a single NFL game this year and won't miss it. The game just isn't watchable (to me) anymore. Also, years of watching Capers defense made me just hate watching the Packers. Meh. Don't miss it.

CC is an idiot. Why wouldn’t you leave Braun in the game here? He would be due up 5th which is just about where you need to get to next inning to make this one interesting.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived