Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-19: Brewers (Davies) at Cardinals (Hudson) [Brewers lose, 3-0]

Eye Black
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Williams seems an odd choice here for the middle of the order, but I guess they want to see what he has.

Either that or CC has as much confidence in the offense as we do...

Who else is there? Nobody who has shown they're better at the moment.

Nothing says, "we want to make the playoffs" like getting no hit through six at Busch.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Williams seems an odd choice here for the middle of the order, but I guess they want to see what he has.

Either that or CC has as much confidence in the offense as we do...

Who else is there? Nobody who has shown they're better at the moment.

True enough. One day enough for JJ? Peralta? Albers?

Williams proving he belongs in our pen.

And that was your dagger...right through the heart of the Milwaukee Brewers.

Sorry should it have been blue? I see a reliever give up a homer and immediately start chanting "one of us.. one of us"

Does this team have any guts? Come on. Your season is on the line. Let's go, bats!
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

To a degree the response to the huge win on Saturday getting down 13-0 and now being no hit says everything that has to be said about this team. It could have been a momentum builder but nope.

Wins like that are rarely momentum builders.

I feel like we've stuck the fork in this team about 75 times. But barring a comeback tonight, I really can't see them making any noise without winning the next two. I also feel like any objective outsider would laugh about this team being in the postseason. But here I am, still clinging to the ship.

I feel like we've stuck the fork in this team about 75 times. But barring a comeback tonight, I really can't see them making any noise without winning the next two. I also feel like any objective outsider would laugh about this team being in the postseason. But here I am, still clinging to the ship.

I agree. Deep down we all know this isn't a playoff team but whenever this team goes on a mini win streak we hope against hope. Shame on us for thinking this after sweeping the Pirates.

Really excited for Braun’s at bat in the 9th with no one on and down at least 3. Solid managing.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Asa much as I hate this season, I keep reminding myself that even this is better than no baseball at all, which is right around the corner when winter hits...
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived