Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-19: Brewers (Davies) at Cardinals (Hudson) [Brewers lose, 3-0]

Eye Black
Saw Villar hit his 16th homer today...pretty horrendous trade. Even after defense he is a pretty darn solid player repping a 2.5 bWAR and 2.6 fWAR. Pretty annoying considering we traded him for a player who didn’t make sense for two months and he absolutely sucked.

Yeah it's rough. Villar actually possess a skillset we kind of lack this year.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Saw Villar hit his 16th homer today...pretty horrendous trade. Even after defense he is a pretty darn solid player repping a 2.5 bWAR and 2.6 fWAR. Pretty annoying considering we traded him for a player who didn’t make sense for two months and he absolutely sucked.

Problem is, he was in CC's doghouse, wasn't going to come out, so dealing him at that point was ideal. Too bad the guy we traded him for was a 100% complete non factor.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Problem is, he was in CC's doghouse, wasn't going to come out, so dealing him at that point was ideal. Too bad the guy we traded him for was a 100% complete non factor.

Maybe the problem is that CC has a doghouse.

Just want to edit to add that the time he was dealt was literally the least ideal time possible. Brewers have a problem with selling low.

Doesn't Zach know he has to throw a shutout?

It was the lead off walk...you CANNOT do that. You just can't.

Yeah, I don't know. Carpenter just had a great AB. Those were all pretty good pitches...

To me, the frustrating thing is that other teams often seem much better at stringing together solid ABs.

Yah, if they were done with him...fine, I guess. But Schoop? Man that was pretty strange from the start.

I mean sadly at this point Villar would have been better than Arcia at SS.

I never noticed, and did not know that Yelich never takes practice swings during an at bat, or in the warm up circle.

Odd.

If you're going to throw out your back you might as well do it hitting a HR.

Braun oblique problems solved.

Archived