Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-18: Brewers (Anderson) at Nationals (Fedde) [Brewers lose, 16-8 -- Rough start for Chase Anderson w/ 10 ER in just 2.1 IP]

Eye Black
Moose looks like he's pricing himself out of Milwaukee again after a post-all star break. Not that the ones hit today matter...
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Moose looks like he's pricing himself out of Milwaukee again after a post-all star break. Not that the ones hit today matter...

There is no way Moustakas will price himself out of Milwaukee.

I suppose if you're not investing in pitching, yeah you can afford him at 11-13 million. I get in trouble assuming we don't want to continually be blown out.

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Brewers have given up 30 runs in two games and some people think there offense is the problem. I say otherwise.

Their offense is a problem, although slightly better since Grisham’s up now. But offense not good especially vs LHP. The perfect storm came together this weekend with the pitching staff > A slumping staff vs a very hot hitting team with a juiced ball in extremely hot humid conditions in a smallish park.

Aaron Wilkerson confirmed he pitched for #Brewers today on no sleep. Was told of call-up at 12:30 am after @missionsmilb 13-inning game. Packed, got crack of dawn flight, went to airport, came to D.C. and was in game in third inning. Didn't complain but admitted it was tough.

Brewers have given up 30 runs in two games and some people think there offense is the problem. I say otherwise.

And they lost 2-1 Friday and 1-0 Sunday. Hitting and pitching are both problems for a team trying to stay in playoff contention.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Aaron Wilkerson confirmed he pitched for #Brewers today on no sleep. Was told of call-up at 12:30 am after @missionsmilb 13-inning game. Packed, got crack of dawn flight, went to airport, came to D.C. and was in game in third inning. Didn't complain but admitted it was tough.

Interesting and probably not a good idea. Good for him to tough it out but there's got to be a better way.

Their offense is a problem, although slightly better since Grisham’s up now. But offense not good especially vs LHP. The perfect storm came together this weekend with the pitching staff > A slumping staff vs a very hot hitting team with a juiced ball in extremely hot humid conditions in a smallish park.

I mean honestly the fact is they aren't very good so both areas are a problem but looking at the big picture there is more hope and track record on the offensive side.

I've said it before, but, unless Stearns's philosophy changes about not wanting to pay for pitching, these are the types of season that will become a norm. The philosophy MUST change if they ever want to take that next step. Load up on pitching...starting pitching.

I don't want Chase back next year. He is exactly what we need to be trying to improve on. This organization needs to be forward looking about the pitching problems and the Chacin and Anderson of the world aren't quite good enough.

Prior to this game, among 64 NL pitchers with at least 80 IP this year, Chase Anderson was 23rd in ERA. Ahead of Strasburg, Syndergaard, Ray, and Darvish.

After this game, his 4.54 ERA would rank 45th, or in other words a #3/#4 starter.

But that's what we do around here, we overreact irrationally.

The wonderful thing about this game is that it only counts as one loss.

Interesting and probably not a good idea. Good for him to tough it out but there's got to be a better way.

I will be in my grave when the Brewers win a WS.

I will be in my grave when the Brewers win a WS.

I don't want Chase back next year. He is exactly what we need to be trying to improve on. This organization needs to be forward looking about the pitching problems and the Chacin and Anderson of the world aren't quite good enough.

Prior to this game, among 64 NL pitchers with at least 80 IP this year, Chase Anderson was 23rd in ERA. Ahead of Strasburg, Syndergaard, Ray, and Darvish.

After this game, his 4.54 ERA would rank 45th, or in other words a #3/#4 starter.

But that's what we do around here, we overreact irrationally.

The wonderful thing about this game is that it only counts as one loss.

Anyone who thinks Chase Anderson is the answer is asking the wrong question.

What could have been done differently? It was just a freak thing where all the stars aligned poorly. Late extra inning MLB game, late extra inning AAA game, day MLB game the next day.

Wilkerson was never intended to be anything other than a sacrificial lamb today to come chew up a bunch of innings if needed and get a day's MLB pay and service time for his trouble.

Archived