Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-18: Brewers (Anderson) at Nationals (Fedde) [Brewers lose, 16-8 -- Rough start for Chase Anderson w/ 10 ER in just 2.1 IP]

Eye Black
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since Chase became a Brewer there are 105 pitchers in MLB with at least 400 IP.

His 3.73 ERA ranks 29th in the sample.

The four guys closest to him on that list; Trevor Bauer, Cole Hamels, James Paxton & Jake Arrieta, make considerably more than 8.5 million.

I'm guessing this is very skewed by his excellent 2017. He was basically an ace that year.

Most of those guys are skewed by one excellent season...

Chase (4.39, 2.74, 3.93, 3.78) hi/lo range 1.65

Bauer (4.26, 4.19, 2.21, 4.12) hi/lo range 2.05

Hamels (3.32, 4.20, 3.78, 3.69) hi/lo range 0.82

Paxton (3.79, 2.98, 3.76, 4.53) hi/lo range 1.55

Arrieta (3.10, 3.53, 3.96, 4.64) hi/lo range 1.54

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Screw it, I want the Nats to score 50. If we're going to lose, lose like you've never lost before and keep me entertained.

RIght? If you lose by 50, it still only counts as one loss. Would be way less demoralizing than if they had lost last night's game, as hard as the offense fought to pull that one out.

The ball is a joke.......look at Rendon after that last homer......knew he missed it....easily gone

I don't like the game as it's being played this year. Batters should not be rewarded for hitting "pitchers" pitches and making poor contact with homeruns. Maybe that's just my take, but I'm not a fan of the cheapening of the homerun at all.

Stearns should be embarrassed by this pitching staff....what an absolute cluster. But hey, for a few weeks the starters didn't suck!
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

The ball is a joke.......look at Rendon after that last homer......knew he missed it....easily gone

I don't like the game as it's being played this year. Batters should not be rewarded for hitting "pitchers" pitches and making poor contact with homeruns. Maybe that's just my take, but I'm not a fan of the cheapening of the homerun at all.

I don't think you're in the minority........they basically just put steroids into the ball instead of human beings.......

Routine fly balls just flying out of the park every night... ...better find strike out guys because any contact in the air has a good chance of going out.

I played a fall softball league in Beloit about 6 or 7 years ago at Krueger park. The fences there were about 270 all the way around, and in the fall league there were no designated classes (like A,B,C) for team ranks. They also didn't check bats, so everyone (EVERYONE) was using shaved and rolled 300 dollar DiMarini's and Easton bats, so every game was simply a homer fest. We had 145 pound guys knocking balls 350 feet, and it just wasn't even that fun.

This is kinda like that.

K, I'm gonna stop ranting about this. I'm getting repetitive. BOoooooOOOo on me.

Archived