Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-18: Brewers (Anderson) at Nationals (Fedde) [Brewers lose, 16-8 -- Rough start for Chase Anderson w/ 10 ER in just 2.1 IP]

Eye Black
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not really Chase's fault...pop up to right that should have been caught but wasn't. Would have gone thru the inning unscathed

Sucks for him, but you still have to make pitches and work through it. It's not an excuse for getting taking yard twice after that.

The list of pitchers who are so much better under Chris Hook's tutelage is down to one name: Adrian Houser.

I think Hook is likely to get the Hook this winter.

Should've been awhile ago. Imagine if this happened in LA/ Ny... where coaches and players are actually accountable. Granted, sometimes they pull the plug too early but accountability is usually a good thing.

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

It's time for everyone's favorite; the starting pitcher having to stay out there and eat it today! Thanks for bringing your F game, Chase
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

I was really hoping Chase had a great finish to trade him and restock some of the barren minors but alas... no way you can afford an 8.5 million dollar low-mid 4's guy. We have plenty of cheap younger guys who can suck for much less

To be fair, Chase has given up 2 ER or fewer in 19 of his 25 starts and only given up 4 ER or more in 3 of those 25 starts, including today. He’s been pretty dang consistent for us all season. He keeps us in the game pretty much every time he steps on the mound.

Since Chase became a Brewer there are 105 pitchers in MLB with at least 400 IP.

His 3.73 ERA ranks 29th in the sample.

The four guys closest to him on that list; Trevor Bauer, Cole Hamels, James Paxton & Jake Arrieta, make considerably more than 8.5 million.

Since Chase became a Brewer there are 105 pitchers in MLB with at least 400 IP.

His 3.73 ERA ranks 29th in the sample.

The four guys closest to him on that list; Trevor Bauer, Cole Hamels, James Paxton & Jake Arrieta, make considerably more than 8.5 million.

I'm guessing this is very skewed by his excellent 2017. He was basically an ace that year.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
And of course the 6th place hitter stands 5 runners in the first 3 innings. Cool.

Gotta think Pina is also let go this winter.

Meanwhile Freitas is hitting almost .400 at AAA.

Backup catchers that have a .730 OPS and play + defense aren't all that common. Pina isn't the problem on this team.

If Freitas came up and hit .275 I'd be surprised. Saladino tore up AAA as well.

I don't want Chase back next year. He is exactly what we need to be trying to improve on. This organization needs to be forward looking about the pitching problems and the Chacin and Anderson of the world aren't quite good enough.

At this rate the free agent pool doesn't look great for us, as usual. Have to think Cole is going to the Yankees and Ryu will be retained by the Dodgers. Then you have Wheeler? Everyone beyond that has huge question marks. Maybe Cleveland will give Kluber away as salary relief? Stearns has his work cut out for him with very little to trade with.

Archived