Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-17: Brewers (Lyles) at Nationals (Sánchez) [Brewers win, 15-14 in 14 innings -- WHAT. A. WILD. GAME!]

Eye Black
  • Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm just so annoyed with Counsell. I know he has been dealt a crappy bullpen but I still question his feel for handling it. How many times does he need to see guys like Peralta and Guerra fail before he gives anyone else a chance with a lead?

Why even bring up Williams or Black? Just keep trotting out guys who've failed over and over again all season long. And why did Pomeranz only pitch 1 inning?

Hands tied. They all stink, and nobody is reliable. The most reliable guy at present is Matt Albers. This pen is beyond the situational stuff. They're desperate for anyone to get outs in any inning. It doesn't matter who you pick because everybody has blown it at one time or another.

Agreed, there really aren't many (or any?) safe options right now in the pen. This is the problem you will run into most years when you try to use your bullpen as much as we (and now a lot of teams in the league) are doing these days. Bullpen pitching is unnatural and difficult for many, so guys who are used heavily one year, often times struggle the next year. Guys in the pen often only throw 2 pitches and when they lose the command of one of them, they're toast. Basically, bullpen has a high level of variance, its why teams for the last century plus, have been trying to develop starters that cover a lot of innings.

Last year's bullpen dominant Brewers were incredible, but also something you rarely see and not something that's likely to repeat. This year we have a mediocre/bad bullpen, so we need to adjust the rest of the way and let our starters go as deep as possible. Whatever happens, happens.

Plesac......" Ray Black looks great......isn't afraid to throw it over the plate"

3 straight balls that miss badly......walk

...and a 2 run homer.

*sigh*

Black fits right in here...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Arcia ops 656 Eric Sogard 867.

.406. Sogard's OPS with us last year. I am happy for the guy that he is doing well but he was one of the worst hitters ever last year.

At least we got rid of him. We are still rocking one of the worst MLB positional starters for years now (oh hey Arcia).

.406. Sogard's OPS with us last year. I am happy for the guy that he is doing well but he was one of the worst hitters ever last year.

You could say the same about Arcia going on year three now. Sogard is no Jeter just pointing out how god awful Arcia has been.

At least we got rid of him. We are still rocking one of the worst MLB positional starters for years now (oh hey Arcia).

Yep although I dont think the front office really believes in Arcia either. They have played Saladino and Perez quite a bit this year. They really need to figure something out this offseason...

You could say the same about Arcia going on year three now. Sogard is no Jeter just pointing out how god awful Arcia has been.

Oh I agree. Arcia isnt good. Just pointing out it wasnt like keeping Sogard made sense either. He was worse than most pitchers last year

Archived