Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-17: Brewers (Lyles) at Nationals (Sánchez) [Brewers win, 15-14 in 14 innings -- WHAT. A. WILD. GAME!]

Eye Black
  • Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On review, that wasn’t even a horrible pitch. And it’s Turner—not exactly a slugger. I’m not crazy about Peralta this year, but that appearance easily could have been very different.

Lmao.

Apologies apologies apologies.

Don’t lose your a. Try reading instead. They can send Peralta back to A-ball for all I care. He’s probably earned it. But that wasn’t a bad pitch on that homer. First pitch curveball just below the zone, to a hitter that isn’t a huge hone run threat, and you could use a ground ball. I don’t mind that at all. If you call that an apology, so be it. To me, that’s analysis. I guess pitchforks and torches are more fun.

I'm just so annoyed with Counsell. I know he has been dealt a crappy bullpen but I still question his feel for handling it. How many times does he need to see guys like Peralta and Guerra fail before he gives anyone else a chance with a lead?

Why even bring up Williams or Black? Just keep trotting out guys who've failed over and over again all season long. And why did Pomeranz only pitch 1 inning?

Freddy Peralta in six outings in August: 4 IP, 7 H, 10 R, 10 ER, 10 BB, 5 K. 22.50 ERA.

CC has to be aware of that, right?

I know it is up to the players to perform, but at what point do you have to try something different?

He needs to figure something out.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I'm just so annoyed with Counsell. I know he has been dealt a crappy bullpen but I still question his feel for handling it. How many times does he need to see guys like Peralta and Guerra fail before he gives anyone else a chance with a lead?

Why even bring up Williams or Black? Just keep trotting out guys who've failed over and over again all season long. And why did Pomeranz only pitch 1 inning?

Hands tied. They all stink, and nobody is reliable. The most reliable guy at present is Matt Albers. This pen is beyond the situational stuff. They're desperate for anyone to get outs in any inning. It doesn't matter who you pick because everybody has blown it at one time or another.

Freddy Peralta in six outings in August: 4 IP, 7 H, 10 R, 10 ER, 10 BB, 5 K. 22.50 ERA.

CC has to be aware of that, right?

I know it is up to the players to perform, but at what point do you have to try something different?

He needs to figure something out.

I hope David S and Mark A can see this, especially!

Nice job Black!

Down by one run isn't a death curse. Plenty of time, and the bats are working tonight, but that bullpen is just so deflating...

If the offense comes through with another lead, then what? We still have to throw someone out there.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Come on, everyone keeps saying there are NO good options in the pen. Maybe...but Claudio has been decent against Lefties, Albers has been pretty good, Pomeranz has been fine. We know hader can be. But even still, let's just say there are no good options...well there are worse options then others, and unfortunately, it's the two guys CC seems to rely on the most...Freddy and Junior. How many games have those two lost for the Brewers this year?? Is CC an idiot??

And why did Pomeranz only pitch 1 inning?

For whatever reason, he’s mostly been used in single-inning appearances, though he’s had three multi-inning appearances between SF and Milwaukee. I’d imagine a lot goes into that decision, between scouting, analytics, and what the coaches are seeing in throwing sessions. It’s not like managers are going out there, cutting the head off a chicken in some old-timey voodoo ritual, and divining who to trot out there. The manager gets the heat, but the entire organization feeds into these decisions, I think.

Come on, everyone keeps saying there are NO good options in the pen. Maybe...but Claudio has been decent against Lefties, Albers has been pretty good, Pomeranz has been fine. We know hader can be. But even still, let's just say there are no good options...well there are worse options then others, and unfortunately, it's the two guys CC seems to rely on the most...Freddy and Junior. How many games have those two lost for the Brewers this year?? Is CC an idiot??

So our Loogy and Albers have been pretty good? Pomeranz had given up runs his last two relief appearances - 5 base runners over one inning. Hader can be good but just isnt right now. It was a short start. Some bad relievers are going to have to pitch

So our Loogy and Albers have been pretty good? Pomeranz had given up runs his last two relief appearances - 5 base runners over one inning. Hader can be good but just isnt right now. It was a short start. Some bad relievers are going to have to pitch

Where does Jeffress fit in the equation?

Where does Jeffress fit in the equation?

So his three scoreless outings make him solid now? He gave up runs the previous 5 outings.

Archived