Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-17: Brewers (Lyles) at Nationals (Sánchez) [Brewers win, 15-14 in 14 innings -- WHAT. A. WILD. GAME!]

Eye Black
  • Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Coshun is just brutal.....

Yah people complain about Brian Anderson.

Like...I don’t think they realize small market Milwaukee is going to have Craig Coshun’s of the world if he left.

We’ve been able to get higher quality announcers than Coshun in the past when we’ve had an opening. Not sure why you assume we wouldn’t be able to whenever Anderson leaves?

I'd just swap the radio guy who isn't calling the inning into the tv booth. They should be able to handle a few innings of tv and they aren't really doing much when the other is doing play by play.

I'd just swap the radio guy who isn't calling the inning into the tv booth. They should be able to handle a few innings of tv and they aren't really doing much when the other is doing play by play.

The radio guy is not employed by Fox.

Is Dan Plesac? Just saying they could make it work I'm sure if they wanted to for a short term absence.

Brauny!!
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Braun is gonna carry this team to the finish line.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

For all the crap that Braun takes about his salary, can we give the man a little credit for his offensive performance this year?

Since the calendar turned over to May, Braun's stats (including tonight):

86 games played, 65 starts

273 AB

42 runs

86 hits

20 doubles

2 triples

12 home runs

38 RBI

8/9 stolen bases

19 walks, 61 strike outs

.315 AVG

slash line of .369 OBP/.535 SLG/.904 OPS

His defense is what it is, but that's pretty darned good production from a near 36 year old batter.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

For all the crap that Braun takes about his salary, can we give the man a little credit for his offensive performance this year?

Since the calendar turned over to May, Braun's stats (including tonight):

86 games played, 65 starts

273 AB

42 runs

86 hits

20 doubles

2 triples

12 home runs

38 RBI

8/9 stolen bases

19 walks, 61 strike outs

.315 AVG

slash line of .369 OBP/.535 SLG/.904 OPS

His defense is what it is, but that's pretty darned good production from a near 36 year old batter.

Yeah. He isn't the problem at all. In fact they need him in there as often as possible down the stretch.

I'm feeling a bit better about the future since Grisham has been called up. I don't know what his ceiling is as a hitter, but it's clear that he's able to hit Major League hitting, and that his power is not merely the product of AAA pitching and parks. Hiura and Grisham give us a pretty good core to build around.

Man the baseball travels with the juiced ball. That suzuki hit was a popout in the past... I remember it was rare to see a ball go that far in Nationals park with power hitters.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Is Yelich still hurt?

Posts like this amaze me. We get it. Yelich is a picture of health and is 100 percent. Move on.

They don't amaze me. Someone has to push back against the sports talk radio environment that has invaded this board over the past year or two. Personally, I'm glad it was a mod.

Archived