Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-17: Brewers (Lyles) at Nationals (Sánchez) [Brewers win, 15-14 in 14 innings -- WHAT. A. WILD. GAME!]

Eye Black
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Walks jump start the offense. Brewers need to walk more strike out less. Will make them very dangerous.

Only the Dodgers walk more. But only the Padres strike out more. No one hits worse with RISP. No one has fewer sacrifice bunts.

I really don't want the Brewers bunting more. As contact averse as the Brewers are, there's no way I want them purposely giving away outs just to gain one base.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Walks jump start the offense. Brewers need to walk more strike out less. Will make them very dangerous.

Our position players already have the 3rd highest BB% in MLB at 9.6%, only HOU (9.7%) & LAD (9.9%) are higher.

This doesn't make my comment any less true by the way. If they do both they will be a dangerous offense. I do appreciate the stats. I didn't know they were that high.

Only the Dodgers walk more. But only the Padres strike out more. No one hits worse with RISP. No one has fewer sacrifice bunts.

I really don't want the Brewers bunting more. As contact averse as the Brewers are, there's no way I want them purposely giving away outs just to gain one base.

Meh. If one is good at bunting and not slow it seems to me that there is no need to purposely give away an out. With all the shifting it is quite possible to get a single while bunting.

Our position players already have the 3rd highest BB% in MLB at 9.6%, only HOU (9.7%) & LAD (9.9%) are higher.

This doesn't make my comment any less true by the way. If they do both they will be a dangerous offense. I do appreciate the stats. I didn't know they were that high.

By that token, ANY team that walks more will score more, yes, that can be considered to be true. But when a team is amongst the lead leaders in walks and PPA, I don't think that's the problem with the offense.

This is really feeling like a must win game to me. A big road trip against two playoff contenders and an 0-6 or 1-5 trip could be the beginning of the end.

Then get a rare early 5 run lead. If this one gets away things could get ugly very fast.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I dunno, I’d say it was half true at best.

My wish list for the off season is Rendon.

Pay the guy, add him to Yelich and Hiura for a pretty decent 3-some. Let Moose walk and sign him.

I know I'm dreaming, but it would be pretty neat to have he and Yelich on the same team for a few years.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Coshun is just brutal.....

Yah people complain about Brian Anderson.

Like...I don’t think they realize small market Milwaukee is going to have Craig Coshun’s of the world if he left.

We’ve been able to get higher quality announcers than Coshun in the past when we’ve had an opening. Not sure why you assume we wouldn’t be able to whenever Anderson leaves?

My wish list for the off season is Rendon.

Pay the guy, add him to Yelich and Hiura for a pretty decent 3-some. Let Moose walk and sign him.

I know I'm dreaming, but it would be pretty neat to have he and Yelich on the same team for a few years.

I'd love Rendon, but he's gonna be 30, and if he gets an offer for 5-6 years, I'd absolutely want no part of that. Paying a guy 25-30 million as he enters the later half of his 30's almost never works out.

They walk a lot more this year and are ranked #3 in MLB...yes, they also strikeout a lot (about #25 in baseball). However, last year they ranked similar in strikeout rate among baseball and they were middle of the pack in walk rate.

If it was as simple as you say they would be better than last years offense...and obviously that isn’t the case. It just does not work that way. Obviously if they were even better at walking and struck out less they would be better offensively...but you are inferring it would be some dramatic change...which is likely false.

Archived