Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-17: Brewers (Lyles) at Nationals (Sánchez) [Brewers win, 15-14 in 14 innings -- WHAT. A. WILD. GAME!]

Eye Black

How's this for wild stats:

With 39 games left to play, the Brewers already have 198 home runs.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those asking about a move tomorrow, I'm just not sure it's happening. The game is early and San Antonio got done late tonight themselves.

I don't know if the Brewers have options outside of traditional commercial airlines but the only nonstop flight I found from San Antonio to DC tomorrow is later in the day, and nothing arriving before 1:55 which is 20 minutes after first pitch. Maybe Wilkerson could make it to the park in the later innings, but the logistics are awfully tough here.

For those asking about a move tomorrow, I'm just not sure it's happening. The game is early and San Antonio got done late tonight themselves.

I don't know if the Brewers have options outside of traditional commercial airlines but the only nonstop flight I found from San Antonio to DC tomorrow is later in the day, and nothing arriving before 1:55 which is 20 minutes after first pitch. Maybe Wilkerson could make it to the park in the later innings, but the logistics are awfully tough here.

Just watched CC's post game, he said they will be doing something, said they have to..unless he was talking about something different, but I don't think so.

Might have to be someone from Biloxi given the logistics...they are in Montgomery, AL right now and there is actually a direct flight from Montgomery tomm at 6am that gets to DC at 10:30

Edit: never mind, there is no one at Biloxi even on the 40 man, let alone the 25 man

Just got home from the game! What a wild game it was it helps that we won. It was definitely exciting and back and forth with a lot more action than last night. I wish I was going tomorrow, but then again it was super hot and humid tomorrow will be worse. Hopefully we can take the series tomorrow and the bats stay hot.

Thames just seems like a great guy........what a great personality he has.

Agreed, the guy on the team I'd most want to have a beer with. I was at a spring game at the Angels' park this year and he was chatting it up with a fan about his golf game while he was on deck.

Just watched CC's post game, he said they will be doing something, said they have to..unless he was talking about something different, but I don't think so.

Might have to be someone from Biloxi given the logistics...they are in Montgomery, AL right now and there is actually a direct flight from Montgomery tomm at 6am that gets to DC at 10:30

Edit: never mind, there is no one at Biloxi even on the 40 man, let alone the 25 man

hope its not Williams. Only one inning tonight but it was clean which is saying something. Freddy time to pack.

Lost in this too is did Hader get a little mojo back with striking out turner, Eaton and Rendon with the bases loaded and no outs. I know the Nats bailed him out a bit but confidence can still be built with that

Here's my take on this: early in the Turner at bat, Hader through a pitch on the inside corner that was called a ball and you saw Josh take the throw from Grandal and spin away and (probably) curse or something. Kind of like a Pedro Cerrano in Major League telling Joboo to take a hike and he'd do it himself. Next thing you know, the real Josh Hader was back and he was blowing away hitters with the high fastball.

I did appreciate that Hader tried using his slider more tonight, almost like Hook and, perhaps, Karsay told him to change things up a little since he's been scuffling lately. This kind of lends a bit of authenticity to my theory of him saying, "Forget you, Joboo, I'll do it myself."

(note to fellow posters: I am NOT stating that he really was saying "Forget you, Joboo..." or cursing or anything. But he certainly did appear ticked off at one point before turning it on.)

Maybe he has turned the corner...

Burnes is.

Burnes is.

I purposely omitted him...LOL

Another screw up by CC again...first of all only giving Pomeranz one inning, and then bringing Freddy in...who didn't know how it would end??

I'll be a quick to defend CC as he has no good options ever out of the bullpen. Might as well throw perez out there

But Pomeranz was pitching well I thought...

This team is so blah. I love baseball and the Brewers but this season sucks. The only thing I care about is seeing how many HR's Yelich ends up with and seeing what Hiura and Grisham do the rest of the way. Outside of that...this team is going nowhere.

I don't think I'd label last night's game blah. ;)

Coshun is terrible and Plesac never shuts up.

Not sure what's worse, the announcers or the team.

I did laugh like crazy when Plesac said he was so tired in that boat with Rock that someone had to hold his mouth open so they could pour beer down his throat! :laughing

Arcia ops 656 Eric Sogard 867.

Arcia plays to the camera in the dugout better!

I didn't notice it during the game but on MLB Network's highlights show they had a shot of Arcia in the dugout behind Perez holding Perez' arms and making him clap. It looked goofy as hell. :laughing

The autopsy of this season will come down to Knebel got hurt in the spring and you did what!! Nothing??

Who foresaw Hader struggle like this? At least he looked like his old self later in the 9th after blowing the save so perhaps he can still return to form....

Guys I think Yelich is healthy.

I don't know. He did get out once and three of hits were only singles

Man, he can make us spoiled, that's for sure. We get every Marlin game down here and he was good with them but NOTHING like what we are seeing in him now!

Archived