Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-17: Brewers (Lyles) at Nationals (Sánchez) [Brewers win, 15-14 in 14 innings -- WHAT. A. WILD. GAME!]

Eye Black
  • Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most insane Brewers game I've ever seen.....

We probably need a final role call just so we have proof of who stuck with that one for the past six hours.

I worked 2-10 today for a 6 pm start time and still had time to come home and watch the final 2 hours.

This one had 51, which has got to be right up there.

https://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/1922/B08250CHN1922.htm

The one mentioned as having 33 saw the two teams combine for a whopping 58 base knocks.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CLE/CLE193207100.shtml

The official scorer was on IV fluid by the end of the game. :laughing

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Community Moderator
Most insane Brewers game I've ever seen.....

We probably need a final role call just so we have proof of who stuck with that one for the past six hours.

I worked 2-10 today for a 6 pm start time and still had time to come home and watch the final 2 hours.

I had no plans to watch tonight...checked my phone at 11-8 and assumed they lost...then got a text during the comeback so I put the radio broadcast on while I was doing some painting. Then still got to watch 5 innings!

This one had 51, which has got to be right up there.

https://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/1922/B08250CHN1922.htm

The one mentioned as having 33 saw the two teams combine for a whopping 58 base knocks.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CLE/CLE193207100.shtml

The official scorer was on IV fluid by the end of the game. :laughing

And scheduled for carpal tunnel surgery on Monday.

Thames just seems like a great guy........what a great personality he has.

Yeah he is such a great fit for this team in so many ways. He is under appreciated in my mind. With the struggles of Aguilar and Shaw he really saved 1b. It is crazy a few people were talking about dfa'ing him

Lost in this too is did Hader get a little mojo back with striking out turner, Eaton and Rendon with the bases loaded and no outs. I know the Nats bailed him out a bit but confidence can still be built with that

The Brewers tied a team record with 7 home runs tonight.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Community Moderator

Yeah he is such a great fit for this team in so many ways. He is under appreciated in my mind. With the struggles of Aguilar and Shaw he really saved 1b. It is crazy a few people were talking about dfa'ing him

Did anyone pick Thames to be the "biggest surprise" player in the preseason predictions thread? I think he may have earned that award at this point. I'm guessing we will probably pick up his 2020 option which seemed highly unlikely at the start of the year.

Did anyone pick Thames to be the "biggest surprise" player in the preseason predictions thread? I think he may have earned that award at this point. I'm guessing we will probably pick up his 2020 option which seemed highly unlikely at the start of the year.

It feels like a given now doesn't it? He has really solid numbers, isn't super expensive and we don't have any other good options

Watched up until Freddy came in because the wife had scheduled to have friends come over for a fire. Followed the roller coaster on my phone until they left in the 10th so I got to see the last 4+ innings. Hard to remember a crazier game!

Lost in this too is did Hader get a little mojo back with striking out turner, Eaton and Rendon with the bases loaded and no outs. I know the Nats bailed him out a bit but confidence can still be built with that

Here's my take on this: early in the Turner at bat, Hader through a pitch on the inside corner that was called a ball and you saw Josh take the throw from Grandal and spin away and (probably) curse or something. Kind of like a Pedro Cerrano in Major League telling Joboo to take a hike and he'd do it himself. Next thing you know, the real Josh Hader was back and he was blowing away hitters with the high fastball.

I did appreciate that Hader tried using his slider more tonight, almost like Hook and, perhaps, Karsay told him to change things up a little since he's been scuffling lately. This kind of lends a bit of authenticity to my theory of him saying, "Forget you, Joboo, I'll do it myself."

(note to fellow posters: I am NOT stating that he really was saying "Forget you, Joboo..." or cursing or anything. But he certainly did appear ticked off at one point before turning it on.)

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived