Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-17: Brewers (Lyles) at Nationals (Sánchez) [Brewers win, 15-14 in 14 innings -- WHAT. A. WILD. GAME!]

Eye Black
  • Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CC is far and a way the best Brewer manager in my lifetime and is easily one of the best in the game today. It's beyond me how anyone thinks they could make better decisions with this bullpen.

He does occasionally make moves (or, it seems more often, of late, doesn't make moves) that I question, but what manager doesn't? Counsell, all things considered, is a pretty darned good skipper, and given the inconsistency of this team, and the pitching staff, as a whole, our still being in this race is mind boggling, to me. Yes, this division is pretty mediocre overall, but we're still only a few games back to start the day.

Counsell doesn't have a lot of good options in the bullpen. Calling him out, from time to time, is understandable, especially given the frustration we all feel with this season. But repeatedly bashing him, post after post, becomes too much.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

This game has got me thinking. I would be in favor of sudden death after 10 innings.

I know it's really unpopular and would probably be lame for MLB, but the runner on second in extras thing is actually really fun in the minors.

This game has got me thinking. I would be in favor of sudden death after 10 innings.

I know it's really unpopular and would probably be lame for MLB, but the runner on second in extras thing is actually really fun in the minors.

Meh, I'm not a fan of that. You can't make it too easy for them to score. Make them earn it.

Or they could just have *gasp* ties after 12 or so innings, with the obvious exception of the postseason.

Grisham and Hiura with a combined 8 strikeouts tonight. But, I'm betting that the growing pains now will pay big dividends in the future.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I would like to see them step it up a notch (in the minors) and start each extra inning after the 10th with bases loaded. Now that would be really, really fun!

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Or they could just have *gasp* ties after 12 or so innings, with the obvious exception of the postseason.

I would be fine with ties, similar to the NFL in a way.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Ties?! How un-American!

AAA San Antonio also going to the 13th!

Grisham and Hiura with a combined 8 strikeouts tonight. But, I'm betting that the growing pains now will pay big dividends in the future.

They already are. They also have reached 4 times and have 4 RBI and 3 extra basehits between them.

I've flipped some much deserved boogers in JJ's direction the last few months, but man, two scoreless innings in this game is money. We really needed that.

Meat of the order up, let's score some runs!

I would be fine with ties, similar to the NFL in a way.

Me too. It's not that big of a deal IMO. The Brewers would only have 4 ties this year if you cut off at 12 innings, so it's still a rare thing. You would prevent the real stressful marathons and not have to get all gimmicky.

They also have four runs, a walk, two doubles, a homer, and four RBI combined on the night.

Oh yeah, there have definitely been some real positives tonight, too.

Damn ESPN. What happened? Yeli bomb?

Archived