Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-16: Brewers (Houser) at Nationals (Corbin) [Brewers lose, 2-1 -- Houser pitches 7 innings allowing just 2 hits and 1 run; Crew strands 13 on base; Guerra allows winning run on Rendon double in the 8th]

Eye Black
Another loss on Counsell. 9 pitchers in the pen and he brings in Guerra. I know, I know, Guerra has to get the job done that he’s paid to do. Sorry, but it’s too easily predicted, the walk, it’s his recent history. If we can’t put Williams or Black or Jeffress in there, then we need a different leader. That includes the architect. Never thought in February I’d be saying that in August. Both have failed this year.

Guerra’s in line for the win when the Brewers come back and win.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another loss on Counsell. 9 pitchers in the pen and he brings in Guerra. I know, I know, Guerra has to get the job done that he’s paid to do. Sorry, but it’s too easily predicted, the walk, it’s his recent history. If we can’t put Williams or Black or Jeffress in there, then we need a different leader. That includes the architect. Never thought in February I’d be saying that in August. Both have failed this year.

Guerra’s in line for the win when the Brewers come back and win.

I hope it was premature!

You just knew when Guerra walked Turner to lead off the 8th, that was going to be all she wrote. Walks. It's always walks.

Yet, when given the same opportunity in the 9th, we, predictably, can't capitalize. Yelich sees Hiura walk on 4 pitches, and immediately goes up hacking at Doolittle. But the 9th isn't even when this was lost. It was in the 3rd, when the pitcher doubles, Cain gets on, and we've got our two best hitters coming up with nobody out and runners on 1st and 3rd.

And they do what we've seen so often in big scoring opportunities -- absolutely nothing. As much as I love Yelich, if this is what we could have reasonably expected coming back from injury, he should have done a 10 day IL stint, because he has been terrible since his return. I know it's sacreligious to criticize Yelich, but I'm not going to mince words. He. Has. Been. Terrible.

This kind of stuff is something that you see once in awhile and you chalk it up to baseball. Yet it continues to happen to us, over, and over, and over again. Can't happen. This team continues to choke away opportunities, and therefore wins, time after time. They've stranded small villages lately, and yet it just continues to happen.

This team is running out of "Oops, guess it's just baseball, we'll get back at it tomorrow" mulligans. They're going to have a lot to think about when they're sitting at home in October.

Second worst bullpen shuts us down, can't get a hit when it counts. At times so hard to watch. Wasted a great pitching performance. A starter for us actually pitched 7 innings. Houser deserved better.

Hudson, Strickland, and Doolittle are not that bad. That’s a lazy narrative. But the offense was still horrifying.

You just knew when Guerra walked Turner to lead off the 8th, that was going to be all she wrote. Walks. It's always walks.

Yet, when given the same opportunity in the 9th, we, predictably, can't capitalize. Yelich sees Hiura walk on 4 pitches, and immediately goes up hacking at Doolittle. But the 9th isn't even when this was lost. It was in the 3rd, when the pitcher doubles, Cain gets on, and we've got our two best hitters coming up with nobody out and runners on 1st and 3rd.

And they do what we've seen so often in big scoring opportunities -- absolutely nothing. As much as I love Yelich, if this is what we could have reasonably expected coming back from injury, he should have done a 10 day IL stint, because he has been terrible since his return. I know it's sacreligious to criticize Yelich, but I'm not going to mince words. He. Has. Been. Terrible.

This kind of stuff is something that you see once in awhile and you chalk it up to baseball. Yet it continues to happen to us, over, and over, and over again. Can't happen. This team continues to choke away opportunities, and therefore wins, time after time. They've stranded small villages lately, and yet it just continues to happen.

This team is running out of "Oops, guess it's just baseball, we'll get back at it tomorrow" mulligans. They're going to have a lot to think about when they're sitting at home in October.

You're exactly right...those Hiura and Yelich AB's with 2nd and 3rd and 0 out were the ball game, and you could just sense that was going to come back to haunt them big time. Your two best hitters up, only needing a fly ball and they can't deliver...that's absolutely despicable to think that Yelich had some of the worst AB's of the night and Hiura wasn't far behind.

Has any bullpen suffered more this year than the Brewers with lead off walks?? Sure doesn't seem like it. It also sure seems like a lot of the late inning walks they get ahead like 1-2 or 0-2 and end up losing them. Make you want to vomit. They keep pissing away chances to get to the top of the division again. They get within a game, then lose, get within a game and half...lose. Just can't seem to get over the hump.

And of course go figure the Cardinals tee off on Castillo tonight. Would heve NEVER thought that would happen..ever.

You're exactly right...those Hiura and Yelich AB's with 2nd and 3rd and 0 out were the ball game, and you could just sense that was going to come back to haunt them big time. Your two best hitters up, only needing a fly ball and they can't deliver...that's absolutely despicable to think that Yelich had some of the worst AB's of the night and Hiura wasn't far behind.

Yes. Yelich is injured. The fact he is playing hurt reminds me of the Cain situation.

Attanasio is at fault here too. His 7 million below league ave. Payroll puts restraints on Stearns in what he’s able to do. I find it hard to believe that Stearns didn’t want to at least add payroll(Hold prospects)to improve our chances to win the division. Galvis at SS is one example, 2.8 million cost, no prospects to upgrade. Meanwhile in Cincinnati, Castellini, reds owner trades for Bauer, which cost them 25 mil. Thru next year, but their revenue is 10-20 million LESS(LESS)than MKE. Huh.

But Stearns roster all year was just terrible. Decisions bad all year. Not positive who’s more at fault Attanasio or Stearns? Counsell needs to go, or maybe we give him a mulligan for this year? Stearns too?

It’s a bad situation to be in when you can’t trust the leadership.

Attanasio is at fault here too. His 7 million below league ave. Payroll puts restraints on Stearns in what he’s able to do. I find it hard to believe that Stearns didn’t want to at least add payroll(Hold prospects)to improve our chances to win the division. Galvis at SS is one example, 2.8 million cost, no prospects to upgrade. Meanwhile in Cincinnati, Castellini, reds owner trades for Bauer, which cost them 25 mil. Thru next year, but their revenue is 10-20 million LESS(LESS)than MKE. Huh.

But Stearns roster all year was just terrible. Decisions bad all year. Not positive who’s more at fault Attanasio or Stearns? Counsell needs to go, or maybe we give him a mulligan for this year? Stearns too?

Mark A had said from day 1, that they would "find the money" to add at the trade deadline if they needed to. But yes, their payroll HAS to, and NEEDS to and CAN increase.

Mark A had said from day 1, that they would "find the money" to add at the trade deadline if they needed to. But yes, their payroll HAS to, and NEEDS to and CAN increase.

Well your in the minority on the payroll around these parts, that’s for sure. If it’s Stearns that didn’t want to upgrade with added payroll then he needs to go, but I believe it’s Attanasio’s directive. He sure looks happy in the suites looking out at 44,000 on a Tuesday nite.

Meanwhile down below Freitas with 2 more hits. .387 .477

Hitting .530 vs LHP. .530!!!!!!!!!!!!

This guy’s gotta be wondering what the heck he’s gotta do to get the call? Teammates too! Missions fans, announcers, even the mascot want rid of him!!!!

But let’s continue to play Grandal at 1B, he doesn’t need a rest day. Or two or three. Absolutely ridiculous.

Archived