Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-16: Brewers (Houser) at Nationals (Corbin) [Brewers lose, 2-1 -- Houser pitches 7 innings allowing just 2 hits and 1 run; Crew strands 13 on base; Guerra allows winning run on Rendon double in the 8th]

Eye Black

48550359396_a5e8531809_c.jpg

48550359451_4feba88ea8_c.jpg

[pre]Brewers Lineup Nationals Lineup

1. Lorenzo Cain ® CF 1. Trea Turner ® SS

2. Keston Hiura ® 2B 2. Adam Eaton (L) RF

3. Christian Yelich (L) RF 3. Anthony Rendon ® 3B

4. Ryan Braun ® LF 4. Juan Soto (L) LF

5. Yasmani Grandal (S) 1B 5. Matt Adams (L) 1B

6. Mike Moustakas (L) 3B 6. Brian Dozier ® 2B

7. Manny Pina ® C 7. Victor Robles ® CF

8. Orlando Arcia ® SS 8. Yan Gomes ® C

9. Adrian Houser ® P 9. Patrick Corbin (L) P[/pre]

Adrian Houser: Batter (Nationals) vs Pitching Stats

Patrick Corbin: Batter (Brewers) vs Pitching Stats

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Scherzer might be back Sunday...so hopefully we can beat a good lefty today!

It’s baseball, so ya never know, but not confident of a win here. Irritated that our GM has mailed it in vs LHP.

Well, that isn’t remotely close to an accurate statement. But you do you.

I’m excited for this series 2 off days in 4 days has thrown me off a bit. Let’s take the division boys!

It’s baseball, so ya never know, but not confident of a win here. Irritated that our GM has mailed it in vs LHP.

Rinse, wash, repeat.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Will be interesting to see if they continue to platoon Grisham, or if he has played himself into a full-time role? Corbin is a rough matchup for him, on paper at least.

I'm also excited to see what Houser can do coming off his best start of the year. Hopefully that was a corner-turning start, and he can be a solid rotation piece down the stretch.

Well, that isn’t remotely close to an accurate statement. But you do you.

I’m excited for this series 2 off days in 4 days has thrown me off a bit. Let’s take the division boys!

Yikes, is this negativity trash already starting? We've won 6 of our last 8...yet we start with whining. Awesome.

There are 6 Brewer players that have good numbers career against Corbin. Hiura obvoiusly has no history and is our best bet to crush LHP, so I tend to like our odds of getting to Corbin today. They also are having bullpen issues similar to the Brewers, no truly reliable arms in there. If Scherzer does pitch, he'll likely be on an abbreviated pitch count and probably only be pitching 4-6 innings max. The Brewers have a solid chance at each game this weekend.

Agreed on Grisham. Start the guys hitting the ball hard. Not that CC will actually do that... how on earth with the majority of the team failing all year are we one game back?
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Isn’t Cain doing well in the hitting it “hard” category?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Looks like the Brewers will be facing Anibal Sanchez tomorrow and Erick Fedde on Sunday.

Has that been announced by Washington? I've seen those listings as well but they are subject to change with Max chomping at the bit to get out there.

Hope they do hold him out until we leave town.

Looks like the Brewers will be facing Anibal Sanchez tomorrow and Erick Fedde on Sunday.

Surprised the Nationals didn't just call up any random lefty from their farm to guarantee the victory.

It appears the only left-handed starting pitcher they have above A-ball has a 9.23 ERA. Still would have been tempting to just bring up that guy (Ben Braymer).

Has that been announced by Washington? I've seen those listings as well but they are subject to change with Max chomping at the bit to get out there.

MLB Network showed a Tweet a couple hours ago from an insider that those were the two slated to take the hill this weekend.

From the Nationals beat reporter with the Washington Post (Jesse Dougherty)...

Max Scherzer will pitch another sim game tomorrow at Nationals Park. Dave Martinez says that he is still building up strength and they want to get his pitch count up more before he returns. The next sim game will add a bit to his workload.

Read today that Scherzer will start Saturday with a limited pitch count.

Max Scherzer (back) could rejoin the Nationals' rotation as soon as Saturday against the Brewers.

The Nats will decide on Friday whether Scherzer will start on Saturday or Sunday versus the Brewers, throw another simulated game or possibly make a rehab start. Manager Dave Martinez has indicated that the team has mapped out a schedule that would allow Scherzer to face the Braves as much as possible down the stretch, and that would seem to potentially line him up to start Saturday. If the righty does take the ball on Saturday, he would be on a limited pitch count, as he threw just 32 pitches during his simulated game Tuesday. Still, it would seem like the club would prefer an abbreviated outing from Scherzer than him using bullets in a rehab start. We'll find out later Friday what they decide.

Source: MASN Sports

Aug 16, 2019, 10:32 AM ET

Then this update:

Max Scherzer (back) will throw a simulated game on Saturday.

Scherzer and the Nationals seem to think he is over his back injury, but they want him to build his stamina up more before they return him to the rotation. He's slated to throw around 75 pitches Saturday and should be back with the big club sometime next week.

Source: Mark Zuckerman on Twitter

Aug 16, 2019, 4:45 PM ET

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

From the Nationals beat reporter with the Washington Post (Jesse Dougherty)...

Max Scherzer will pitch another sim game tomorrow at Nationals Park. Dave Martinez says that he is still building up strength and they want to get his pitch count up more before he returns. The next sim game will add a bit to his workload.

Seems pretty dumb. Their bullpen is garbage either way so I'd rather have 5 innings of Scherzer than 5 innings of Fedde.

I would prefer Grisham starting over Pina***, honestly ... but Pina has been playing well of late ... I'm okay with CC's starting lineup, I guess.

***(Grisham in LF, Braun at 1B, Grandal at C) slightly preferable for me over (Braun in LF, Grandal at 1B, Pina at C)

Nats broadcasters pronouncing Keston's last name as Hee-yore-ah

How hard is it to simply ask for the proper pronunciation before a series starts? Simply ask a Brewers representative for the proper pronunciation!

Professionals Produce Proper Pronunciation!!!

Archived