Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-14: Twins (Gibson) at Brewers (González) [Brewers win, 6-5 -- Trent Grisham's go ahead 3-run HR in 8th inning propels comeback]

Eye Black
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cain is batting 6th and Thames 7th for what reason?

Well, so as not to stack lefties. But clearly would have rather had Thames in that situation if you could pick.

And Thames leads off with a double. Sigh.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Cain is batting 6th and Thames 7th for what reason?

Well, so as not to stack lefties. But clearly would have rather had Thames in that situation if you could pick.

Except the Twins have no lefty reliever besides their closer.

I think this team has some really fun guys, and I don't think this season is over.

That said, I don't think they're good enough to make the playoffs. Just nowhere near enough pitching paired with an offense that is too inconsistent. I would say Cain's health/regression anf Knebel's injury have been the biggest factors. Shaw a close third.

The Cain situation has reached critical condition if you ask me. There is no way against righties Grisham or Gamel should be benched while he is playing. He isn't getting it done. Counsell keeps harping on accountability with Arcia. You got to be fair and hold everyone to the same standards. He is literally killing the offense one horrible ab at a time.

Gibson threw Orlando Arcia 7 straight pitches (all 7) outside of the strike zone on that strike out. With the pitcher on deck it was predictable that Arcia was going to go up hacking and Gibson took advantage of it.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived