Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-13: Twins (Pérez) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 7-5 -- Grandal hits go ahead 3-run HR in 7th; Hader serves up first pitch 3-run HR in 8th]

Eye Black
Man our offense is hard to watch.

Chase gives up more then 2 rubs for the first time in 2 months and we can't score more then 1 unearned run against this loser?

Sunday was rough, but I could at least understand it against Minor. He's been good a long time. But scuffling against a junk pitcher like Perez? Yeah ...

Once rosters expand in a couple weeks, the Brewers may not face many righty starters. The scouting report says they can be neutralized by any junk lefty.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sweet. Crappy lefty here to shut down the Crew! /blue

Teams are going to do it the rest of the year against the Brewers. The front office made this bed, and now they are unfortunately forced to sleep in it. I totally understand that lefty power plays well in Miller Park, but this team went overboard with it, and is now paying the price.

I've been beating the drum for awhile that this team is getting too lefty heavy and it is going to make it especially difficult to compete against teams like the Cubs and Dodgers and have been met with mostly skepticism.

It was bad enough last year when it just came into play in the NLCS, but now it's coming into play against everyone. We desperately need an impact RHB bat in this lineup.

I can't imagine where this offense would be against LHP without the emergence of Keston Hiura. It's been bad enough WITH him.

Brewers rank 26th in runners left in scoring position with 3.57 runners left in scoring position per game. The Nationals are also stranding at 3.57 per game.

Only Detroit (3.63), Tampa Bay (3.65), Boston (3.72) and Philadelphia (3.79) are worse.

Man Manny has a terrific arm back there. If this team had more offensive consistency, I'd have no problem with him being the #1 again.

Somewhat surprisingly Piña and Grandal have had identical caught stealing percentages this season (coming into tonight) at 29%.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Trey Supak tonight ... 2/3 of an inning, 8 ERs. Woof!

But was Freitas catching?

Yep - [sarcasm]there goes his September call-up.[/sarcasm]

Supak's following in Zack Brown's steps in his move to AAA. Not good.

Trey Supak tonight ... 2/3 of an inning, 8 ERs. Woof!

But was Freitas catching?

Yep - [sarcasm]there goes his September call-up.[/sarcasm]

Supak's following in Zack Brown's steps in his move to AAA. Not good.

I thought these kind of AAA concerns for pitching would disappear when they left Colorado, but obviously not.

Man Manny has a terrific arm back there. If this team had more offensive consistency, I'd have no problem with him being the #1 again.

Somewhat surprisingly Piña and Grandal have had identical caught stealing percentages this season (coming into tonight) at 29%.

Grandal has actually been solid in that part of the game. He's a good framer as well. Was the upgrade worth the cost, though?

Archived