Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-13: Twins (Pérez) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 7-5 -- Grandal hits go ahead 3-run HR in 7th; Hader serves up first pitch 3-run HR in 8th]

Eye Black

I know I’m late to the party but I was watching on the DVR. It sounds like second guessing but I did not want to see Hader in that situation. It was like you could see what was going to happen before it happened.

Another crushing loss like the one after the second Saladino grand slam.

BTW, to change the subject, I hope nobody brings out the numbers again for awhile trying to convince me that the Brewers are no worse against lefties than righties. Tonight against a lefty who has been getting battered around by everyone for about 2 months, they manage one unearned run. Then a righty comes in and they score 4 quick ones. If they had held on to win it would have gone down as a win in a game started by a lefty and it would have been totally misleading.

If things don’t turn around soon the Brewers are going to be at death’s door by next week. That six game trip to Washington and St.Louis looks pretty scary for a team with a sputtering offense and no bullpen.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shouldn't Arcia be running for Pina?

He’s not the tying run so it’s not worth using the last player on the bench. They would have needed him to pinch hit with the pitcher coming up next.

Moot point.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

If Hader throws Gonzalez a slider that first pitch not only doesn't he hit it but the whole ab is different. Coaches matter. I think this group hasn't done a good job this year.

Lmao.

Yea. Gonzalez lays off ball 1 and crushes Haders 2nd pitch fastball.

If he was the tying run.

Well if it's a ball in the hole wouldn't you want faster guy on than Pina? This is routine stuff that Counsell appears to be asleep on. The Madden and Francona never miss stuff like that.

I know I’m late to the party but I was watching on the DVR. It sounds like second guessing but I did not want to see Hader in that situation. It was like you could see what was going to happen before it happened.

Another crushing loss like the one after the second Saladino grand slam.

BTW, to change the subject, I hope nobody brings out the numbers again for awhile trying to convince me that the Brewers are no worse against lefties than righties. Tonight against a lefty who has been getting battered around by everyone for about 2 months, they manage one unearned run. Then a righty comes in and they score 4 quick ones. If they had held on to win it would have gone down as a win in a game started by a lefty and it would have been totally misleading.

If things don’t turn around soon the Brewers are going to be at death’s door by next week. That six game trip to Washington and St.Louis looks pretty scary for a team with a sputtering offense and no bullpen.

You are probably looking at a 1-5 trip there.

If he was the tying run.

Well if it's a ball in the hole wouldn't you want faster guy on than Pina? This is routine stuff that Counsell appears to be asleep on. The Madden and Francona never miss stuff like that.

Hader wasn't double-switched, so he was due up after Grisham. Arcia was in the on-deck circle. I mean, Counsell has made his share of questionable moves this year, but he was pretty much stuck due to lack of bench options.

Well, that was a gut punch.

Lots of those types of games this year. There is literally no one in the pen that can be trusted with anything less than a 4 run lead ... besides arguably Albers.

Yep and oh by the way you have no starter for tomorrow again. Just not a good situation.

BTW, to change the subject, I hope nobody brings out the numbers again for awhile trying to convince me that the Brewers are no worse against lefties than righties.

The numbers aren't meant to communicate that the Brewers are no worse vs LHP, they are meant to demonstrate that the sentiment of "OMG a lefty, we have no chance" are overblown. Before tonight...

wRC+ vs RHP: 104

wRC+ vs LHP: 96

The Brewers have hit about 8% worse vs LHP this year, maybe after tonight it's up to 9%.

Brewers are my favorite sports team but I’ll be glad when this season is over. Easily my most disappointing season as a fan given their expectations at the beginning of the year. Like early 2010 Packers post-Super Bowl.

The expectation at the beginning of the season was that the NL Central would be a three team race between CHI, MIL & STL with the two losers maybe being able to snag a wild card, & that is exactly where we are.

The odds of us leading the division wire to wire & getting out to a comfy lead like ATL or LA have done were always extremely low.

Brewers are my favorite sports team but I’ll be glad when this season is over. Easily my most disappointing season as a fan given their expectations at the beginning of the year. Like early 2010 Packers post-Super Bowl.

Other than maybe the Bucks I think we're looking at a pretty bad year Sports wise.

With their brutal schedule this might be the year the Badgers don't make a bowl game.

UW men's basketball will be 500 at best in the Big Ten.

I don't think the Packers are going to be very good.

Maybe this is the year Badger hockey finally gets its act together under granato.

The expectation at the beginning of the season was that the NL Central would be a three team race between CHI, MIL & STL with the two losers maybe being able to snag a wild card, & that is exactly where we are.

The odds of us leading the division wire to wire & getting out to a comfy lead like ATL or LA have done were always extremely low.

Things have pretty much played out as expected. Those three teams are bunched up. Whoever goes on a run in September will win the division.

Unfortunately the Brewers have yet to show the offensive and bullpen consistency that would enable them to make that run. Not saying that it can't happen, but they'd need to find something that hasn't been evident this season as of yet.

There was a time when this game would have upset me but I've come to grips with this teams just not very good.

That’s always how I can tell what my deep down expectations are.

There have been times when I wouldn’t be able to sleep for an hour or two after a loss like that in a night game. Now it just makes me sad, not mad.

BTW, to change the subject, I hope nobody brings out the numbers again for awhile trying to convince me that the Brewers are no worse against lefties than righties.

The numbers aren't meant to communicate that the Brewers are no worse vs LHP, they are meant to demonstrate that the sentiment of "OMG a lefty, we have no chance" are overblown. Before tonight...

wRC+ vs RHP: 104

wRC+ vs LHP: 96

The Brewers have hit about 8% worse vs LHP this year, maybe after tonight it's up to 9%.

Except that nobody has ever said anything close to “OMG a lefty, we have no chance”. It has always been, at least for me, that the offense has been disappointingly mediocre, and against lefties it’s even worse. This was supposed to be one of the top hitting teams in the league, and it isn’t close to that.

Archived