Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-13: Twins (Pérez) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 7-5 -- Grandal hits go ahead 3-run HR in 7th; Hader serves up first pitch 3-run HR in 8th]

Eye Black

The weird part is go back and rewind to the HR. That pitch hit exactly where Pina put the glove. He maybe moved his glove down 2 inches to catch it, but essentially that is where he set the target. To say it missed by 5 feet is totally off. You don’t put the target somewhere you don’t want the pitch.

If that's the case ... that's horrible pitch selection. That is the one spot where Gonzalez's power is as a RH batter.

I would love to know if the pitch selection comes from the dugout.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The weird part is go back and rewind to the HR. That pitch hit exactly where Pina put the glove. He maybe moved his glove down 2 inches to catch it, but essentially that is where he set the target. To say it missed by 5 feet is totally off. You don’t put the target somewhere you don’t want the pitch.

If that's the case ... that's horrible pitch selection. That is the one spot where Gonzalez's power is as a RH batter.

I would love to know if the pitch selection comes from the dugout.

I believe it does.

Hader 0328-0412: 9 IP, 0 ER

Hader 0415-0430: 5.2 IP, 6 ER

Hader 0503-0726: 36 IP, 6 ER

Hader 0730-0816: 5 IP, 6 ER

Josh had a rough patch similar to his current one early in the season & bounced back just fine.

Some all time classic IGT overreactions here.

Has Hader been terrible for his last 5 IP? Clearly.

Does that mean the league figured him out, he will never recover & we should gave traded him at the deadline? Hardly.

He is throwing BP out there man. This is not about the ER.

Right. He's been throwing BP for 5 innings.

What I'm saying is his true talent level & likely future results will be much more in line with the first 179 innings of his career.

And Moose wonders why no teams trust to give him the multiple year deal.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Hader sure has been rough at times. Shows how Knebel's injury and Jeffress' regression have really hurt things, along with not acquiring a closer like Soria. Hader last year dominated as a 6th-8th inning guy. But as a closer with a heavier workload, he has missed his spots too often. 30 hits, 13 homers!?!?

Archived