Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-13: Twins (Pérez) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 7-5 -- Grandal hits go ahead 3-run HR in 7th; Hader serves up first pitch 3-run HR in 8th]

Eye Black
As much as I am usually reluctant to get on Counsell’s case (I don’t typically think managers are that important) I really think he mismanaged the use of Hader in that inning. It seemed like they rushed getting him ready, almost like he wasn’t expecting to pitch when the inning began. Just leave Albers in and have Hader start a clean 9th assuming Albers holds the lead.

Other posters were mad because Pomeranz started the inning, and Hader wasnt in for the 6-out save. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fork meet Brewers. Something is wrong with Hader and that'll be the last of many nails in 2019.

You were mockingly saying earlier "I see this is a season's over week". Like literally in this very game thread.

The league has figured out Hader. Should have sold high at the deadline. Yuck.

This statement is so awful that I have to call it out. Hader is not hitting his spots, the difference here is Hader, not the league. nobody figured him out, he just lost his control. By saying this it is just clear you aren't actually watching the games because nothing about this is about players adjusting to Hader, it is 100% about his control.

Gonzalez's HR was on a low-middle fastball with no movement. Gonzalez is a primo low fastball hitter. I mean, the dots are easy to connect.

If you think that is where Hader meant the pitch to be you are living in la la land. That pitch wasn't within 5 feet of where it was mean to be. His control is just completely gone at this point. This literally has nothing at all to do with the league adjusting to Hader, zero, zip, nada. He isn't getting his pitches where he wants them, he isn't hitting his spots anywhere like he has in the past, this has nothing to do with the league.

This statement is so awful that I have to call it out. Hader is not hitting his spots, the difference here is Hader, not the league. nobody figured him out, he just lost his control. By saying this it is just clear you aren't actually watching the games because nothing about this is about players adjusting to Hader, it is 100% about his control.

Gonzalez's HR was on a low-middle fastball with no movement. Gonzalez is a primo low fastball hitter. I mean, the dots are easy to connect.

If you think that is where Hader meant the pitch to be you are living in la la land. That pitch wasn't within 5 feet of where it was mean to be. His control is just completely gone at this point.

Pretty sure the prior post was meant to agree with your point

Fork meet Brewers. Something is wrong with Hader and that'll be the last of many nails in 2019.

You were mockingly saying earlier "I see this is a season's over week". Like literally in this very game thread.

That wasn't "mocking", it was how this season has gone.

My mistake. You're not wrong.

The league has figured out Hader. Should have sold high at the deadline. Yuck.

Actually his second sentence hit the nail on the head. Could of sold high on a reliever.

Good teams jump on the back of Grandal homer and ride it to victory. Bad ones go right out put two guys on base and struggle to get through it only to get smashed. Hader is a symptom of a bigger problem. The shallow roster is the biggest issue. Brewers are often playing 25 vs 18 or 19.

If you think that is where Hader meant the pitch to be you are living in la la land. That pitch wasn't within 5 feet of where it was mean to be. His control is just completely gone at this point.

I never said it was. Of course it wasn't where it was supposed to be. Low fastballs are literally the only thing Gonzalez hits well, and Hader put it in his bread basket. I just don't understand how so many pitchers on one staff suddenly lose their command.

Can Freitas pitch?

About as good as Hiura’s defense.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

He either has fallen off the cliff or has some injury issues but if the moved Knebel out of the closer role last year Josh should face the same fate.

We won't have a reliable closer again until next year IF Knebel's surgery goes well and he can pitch again.

I fear Hader is going the way Axford did. Once they lose it then its over. How sad.

And Turnbow and the majority of relievers. Too early to give up on Hader's career but his pedigree is such that many would still kill to have him and coach him up if this ends up a prolonged issue.

In any case, THIS seems truly insurmountable. Not like the other seven things, but this one really feels that way. Without him throwing well there is just not close to enough talent on that staff.

Ryan Braun drag bunting with two outs and no one on base in the 8th inning with a 2-run deficit.

http://static.skaip.org/img/emoticons/180x180/f6fcff/manshrug.gif

Was he supposed to hit a bases empty 2-run homer? Crap bunt but he was trying to get a runner on to bring the tying run to the plate. Not too hard to follow there.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived