Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-13: Twins (Pérez) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 7-5 -- Grandal hits go ahead 3-run HR in 7th; Hader serves up first pitch 3-run HR in 8th]

Eye Black
  • Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a giant pile of steaming poop.

As much as I long for Brewer baseball in the offseason, I am pretty close to wanting this nightmare season to just end and put me out of my misery.

It's just painful.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Just look at Hader's location...he's down in the zone or middle/middle - and it's still at least 75% fastballs. It might still be deceptive but at some point MLB hitters can turn just about anything around when they know what's coming.

The velo might still be decent, but all the HR's make me think he's missing some late life or movement on his heater that helped him miss barrels alot more.

The league has figured out Hader. Should have sold high at the deadline. Yuck.

This statement is so awful that I have to call it out. Hader is not hitting his spots, the difference here is Hader, not the league. nobody figured him out, he just lost his control. By saying this it is just clear you aren't actually watching the games because nothing about this is about players adjusting to Hader, it is 100% about his control.

This pen is going to keep us out of the playoffs. You can't compare to our last year position because this pen is nothing like last year. I mean we just have no good options. We're winging it every single night.

Predictable actually. Overmanaging is as bad as doing nothing Would rather see Hader with nobody on considering he can't keep the ball in the park. Oh well.

Counsell had a lucky horseshoe when it came to strategic pitching moves last year. Seems like things are coming back around on him this year.

At some point he's going to have to figure out that he can't live down in the zone. I mean... it's just not that hard to figure out.

True, but if he's physically not able to command consistently up in the zone it doesn't do him much good to know where he should be pitching in the zone.

As much as I am usually reluctant to get on Counsell’s case (I don’t typically think managers are that important) I really think he mismanaged the use of Hader in that inning. It seemed like they rushed getting him ready, almost like he wasn’t expecting to pitch when the inning began. Just leave Albers in and have Hader start a clean 9th assuming Albers holds the lead.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

This statement is so awful that I have to call it out. Hader is not hitting his spots, the difference here is Hader, not the league. nobody figured him out, he just lost his control. By saying this it is just clear you aren't actually watching the games because nothing about this is about players adjusting to Hader, it is 100% about his control.

I think there is a coaching component to this because it's pretty much the whole roster.

Gonzalez's HR was on a low-middle fastball with no movement. Gonzalez is a primo low fastball hitter. I mean, the dots are easy to connect.

Archived