Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-13: Twins (Pérez) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 7-5 -- Grandal hits go ahead 3-run HR in 7th; Hader serves up first pitch 3-run HR in 8th]

Eye Black
I also think you guys are seriously underrating Pina. He has had painfully sporadic playing time and still holds an OPS north of .700 with good defense.

If he played daily I’d imagine he would float around the #15 ranked catcher in baseball.

And he seems to call a pretty good game.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair. I overreached with the word sucked. Think of it like this. Stearns had a low percentage hand. I didn’t see the point of putting more money in the pot

Sometimes it’s better to just tell the guys you have to buck up and do their job. Instead

LoCain... woof

There is just too much evidence suggesting his thumb injury was something that needed much more rest than they gave it...Seemed like Cain was picking it up a bit shortly after returning from that cryotherapy, but I think the shelf life on that wears off after awhile. The constant beating everything into the ground has me thinking his thumb is either giving him a lot of problems, or the adjustment Cain made to his swing to compensate for a weaker and painful right thumb basically gives him no top hand strength.

Jeez Hiura - leave the stone hands in the dugout

Willie nailed it. This roster is flawed top to bottom. DS knew he messed this up in the off season. No reason to spend assets on a team that has too many holes.

Willie didn’t nail anything.

Even with a disfunctional roster and massive late season injuries, this team doesn’t “suck”. It just needs to get to September within a reasonable number of games from first place, and the roster will fix itself and so will the pitching.

I don't think we suck, but I also don't believe for a second our pitching problems just magically fix themselves when the calendar turns over to September.

Your expectations of the Devin Williams, Drew Rasmussen, and Ray Blacks of the world are way out of whack. Having good stuff doesn't just automatically translate into a lockdown reliever. Just ask Corbin Burnes.

They don’t need Rasmussen this year. Black is a wild card, and so is Williams, but if one of the two can do the job, to go along with Suter Peralta Nelson Lyles Albers Jeffress Hader we’re in business.

I have no idea what we saw in Pomeranz to acquire him, let alone for him to be the guy here in the 8th in a close game. He isn't good. And when he misses, he's not even close.

The three really good relief appearances right before the trade. Stearns doesn’t believe in the whole small sample size thing.

So we're just going to leave Pomeranz in to blow the game here?

It isn't like the alternatives are a heck of a lot better.

sadly, true.

I would have expected Hader for the 8th and 9th though...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

So we're just going to leave Pomeranz in to blow the game here?

There's just not anything better unless they want to attempt torching Hader for 6 outs and ~40 pitches and hope he doesn't give up another tater. It's almost like CC is just praying for the law of averages to gift them a few atem balls to get to the 9th...and you can't blame him.

Archived