Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-13: Twins (Pérez) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 7-5 -- Grandal hits go ahead 3-run HR in 7th; Hader serves up first pitch 3-run HR in 8th]

Eye Black
  • Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For the life of me, I still cannot figure out why DS didn't do more at the deadline...even if he didn't go BIG, he still could have done more to improve this team. One example...instead of letting the Cubs get Castellanos, how about giving up a middling propspect(like they did), and acquire him yourself and play him at 1B against LHP. How much better would the lineup look then??

Because this team sucks. People need to get this through their head so we don’t need to go through this every night.

Why would you invest a ton of money in the titanic. It would be like a goof investing in Kodak after the iPhone came out

I honestly don’t know why we gave any assets away in July. Maybe he felt he had to appease message boards

I had very high hopes for Faria. They are dwindling. Getting a big Wes Obermueller vibe fro him. And that is not good.

When a team like the Rays is willing to give you one of their pitchers for a struggling, non-versatile 1B, be very suspicious.

I'm sort of surprised a struggling, non-versatile 1B was worth much of anything, actually. Faria may not be much, but there are guys Aguilar's caliber out there for free.

Who? I’d pick them up then

For the life of me, I still cannot figure out why DS didn't do more at the deadline...even if he didn't go BIG, he still could have done more to improve this team. One example...instead of letting the Cubs get Castellanos, how about giving up a middling propspect(like they did), and acquire him yourself and play him at 1B against LHP. How much better would the lineup look then??

Then they get Lucroy for free. It's been a rough year for Stearns. He needs to self reflect. He needs to be better. He has done a great job but this year has been a disaster.

Well, Lucroy was free for a reason. He's just not good anymore. Also, how was Stearns going to do anything about that? Lucroy wasn't going to sign with the Brewers to be the #3.

Kinda funny that the Cubs have cycled through the Brewers 2012-2016 catching depth chart. I wonder what Nevin Ashley and Matt Pagnozzi are up to?

Because this team sucks. People need to get this through their head so we don’t need to go through this every night.

Why would you invest a ton of money in the titanic. It would be like a goof investing in Kodak after the iPhone came out

I honestly don’t know why we gave any assets away in July. Maybe he felt he had to appease message boards

They suck and yet they are still only 2.5 games out of first. So then the Cubs must suck too, right?? Yet they went out and acquired(or I should say stole) Castellanos to improve themselves for this year. Funny how that works.

Can you stop?

I see this is a "season's over" week, so next week should be about the likelihood of catching the Cubs. If it keeps up like this the final weekend should be the latter.

In the words of Green Day, wake me up when September ends. :tongue

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Before anyone starts up the ol’ Lucroy lovefest. His straight numbers are bad. His analytical numbers are bad. The Cubs traded a legit major league ball player (Montgomery) for Maldonado and then traded Maldonado away requiring them to go out and get Lucroy. I don’t think he makes the 2019 Cubs better than they were before.

Then they get Lucroy for free. It's been a rough year for Stearns. He needs to self reflect. He needs to be better. He has done a great job but this year has been a disaster.

Well, Lucroy was free for a reason. He's just not good anymore. Also, how was Stearns going to do anything about that? Lucroy wasn't going to sign with the Brewers to be the #3.

Kinda funny that the Cubs have cycled through the Brewers 2012-2016 catching depth chart. I wonder what Nevin Ashley and Matt Pagnozzi are up to?

You are right. That's not on Stearns. Just a big get for them even though Caratini seems pretty good.

Who? I’d pick them up then

Off the top of my head, Evan Gattis and Jose Bautista. Danny Valencia. Matt Holliday. Brandon Phillips. Ryan Rua. In essense, replacement-level 1B options, like what Aguilar is.

Some of those guys are 75 years old

Archived