Brewer Fanatic

2020 Schedule

Bombers

SH charges a fee on both ends though. So that $45.75 is relevant only to the buyer. That's a $35 list price, so the seller is walking away like +16. I think I would just go to the game. It's fine, but the people real money are brokers buying 800 seats, not Joe Simpleton with his pair in the terrace. I think people have this image of SSHs rolling around in buckets of cash when the Cubs come to town.

The margins also (usually) get a lot worse if you leave the terrace.

I had 20 pack in the 2nd deck until last year. What I found was that Cubs games you'd definitely make money and close to double what you actually paid for them due to the season ticket holder discount. But, one year I bought a bunch of extra Cubs games during the presale, mostly they were lower level seats if I remember correctly. I think this was the year after they won the title and they would be playing in MKE before their own home opener. I thought I'd clean up on it. But since I had to pay full normal face value (no SSH discount) I basically just covered the expense on it and won't bother with that racket again. That's my 2 cents.

That's kind of what I meant in more words. I've never tried doing anything like that, but the prices fluctuate when people try to do this sort of thing. There's just no way to know how a game will do. Last year's playoffs I maxed out the allotment every game, then when the schedule came out there were a bunch of games at 2pm or whatever. I couldn't go to all of them, and I can't remember which games, but there were a couple I lost money on. I want to say it was NLCS Game 6 and some of the NLDS. I remember NLCS 6 being a real problem to sell. I went to that one, but I couldn't find enough people I actually knew willing to pay face to go with me.

I find that quite hard to believe. You can go on Stubhub right now and find games for the September series at $45 each with fees, and those will likely plummet as the game draws nearer. The Friday night is even worse with many below face. Granted that is after school has resumed. If I listed my July Cubs tickets at "twice face" they would've gone unsold.

The ones on there now are 1-2 on the value system. You may have gotten extremely lucky with early birds, but I typically have 1-2 Cubs games a year I end up missing and while they do sell better than any game, it's not this cash windfall people act like it is. Honestly, I usually can't get face after fees with Brewers re-sale. I almost always get above that with the Cubs but after Stubhub takes its cut I usually net $5.

Opening Day is a lock for making money. The Cubs games have many more variables.

One thing I've noticed on Cubs tickets is you'll do much better with premium seats. I did pretty darn well on my Saturday and Sunday loge infield Cubs tickets on 7/27 and 7/28. I've noticed the April or September games tend not to do as well, the summer games I do much better. Though last year, with the way the playoff race shaped up...tickets spiked considerably and I made an absolute killing on my Labor Day Cubs tickets. I would tend to agree tickets will probably stay down for the Sept weekend this year for a number of reasons, but there's always the chance both the Brewers and Cubs start playing good baseball over the next few weeks and that becomes a fairly critical matchup. It probably will be for at least one team, but I think it needs to be for both teams for ticket prices to jump.

[sarcasm]I just purchased 2020 season tickets so I can make bank off a Cubs fan for the opener!![/sarcasm]
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Simply amazed that September doesnt have a Cubs series. Has MLB caught on to the non-home field crowds and decided that looked bad on TV when broadcasting a game? Give a poor September to remove the argument the Brewers should have a game or two televised on ESPN since theyre in contention?

Of course milw starts off the year with more home games than on road. Weather-proof to the early season weather.

I have a weekend 10 pack and for the last 3 years, when I started selling the tickets, the games in our package have always been on Saturday nights. I’m sure those are easier to sell than ones on week nights or in September after schools and football have started.

Our seats are in the first row of section 424, just to the third base side of home plate. For people who know what they’re doing, the view is much better than seats that are lower down, but down the lines, which generally cost more. I think we are able to get more than for seats that are just a few rows back because of the front row (more leg room) premium.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Simply amazed that September doesnt have a Cubs series. Has MLB caught on to the non-home field crowds and decided that looked bad on TV when broadcasting a game? Give a poor September to remove the argument the Brewers should have a game or two televised on ESPN since theyre in contention?

Of course milw starts off the year with more home games than on road. Weather-proof to the early season weather.

If the Brewers are in a battle with the Cubs for a playoff spot it’s going to be like the old days in the AL East when the Brewers were the “swing team” in the 7 team division and played all of their September games against teams from the West. In years like 1978 and 1979 when the Brewers were a handful of games out of first place it took some of the excitement out because they had no head to head games against the division leaders to make a big jump.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Opening day is such an event at miller park, it's very likely we actually have a home field advantage against them for a change. Hard to imagine many cubs fans getting their hands on tickets.

I disagree 100%.

Lots of season ticket holders make a lot of cash on the Cubs series'.

Now you can charge them for tickets, plus the added bonus of opening day and jack those prices up even more.

Sadly, the home field advantage will still be a wash, no matter when the Cubs play at Miller Park.

Hopefully, those that sell to Cubs fans make a mint at least.

And selling out just got easier. A sadder, but richer, fan base!

One one hand....Is there no limit to what our best fans will give up for the almighty buck? Now it's Opening Day. Sadly, nothing is off limits, including playoffs.

On the other..... If I had tickets to a big game and was offered, say $1000 profit for selling, it would be tough not to sell, and I probably would. Yet, the whole more Cubs fan in MP thing would sicken me to a point that it would have to be a lot more $ to sell out.

Overall, it is each fan's choice at the moment.. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Brewers not allow bar codes to be sent until game day, crippling the secondary market to some extent.

Seems they're still doing the Team 1-Home, Team 2, Team 1-Away thing, though not as much as this year. It was really boring in April/May when it felt like we were playing the same three teams the entire time and then the season series were over (or with the Cardinals, wouldn't resume for three months).

I dont like the fact that the last game against the Cubs is August 9th. They should really try to make September all about division games. The NFL has gone to that concept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont like the fact that the last game against the Cubs is August 9th. They should really try to make September all about division games. The NFL has gone to that concept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, September 8th. I agree though that if the schedule is finalized less than 1 year in advance it shouldn't be hard to make likely division favorites face each other at least once in the last couple of weeks of the season.

• 3 months later...
I find games against the Cubs to be so unpleasant I wouldn't want to go if I had the tickets for my family. I'm not just talking about how the Cubs fans act here either, the Brewer's fans are at their worst during those games as well. I cannot blame anyone for selling those tickets, they are the worst games of the season to watch the game live as a fan.

Thanks to the roof, we know that game is able to be played in late March...

Most other locations..... Not so much.

I find games against the Cubs to be so unpleasant I wouldn't want to go if I had the tickets for my family. I'm not just talking about how the Cubs fans act here either, the Brewer's fans are at their worst during those games as well. I cannot blame anyone for selling those tickets, they are the worst games of the season to watch the game live as a fan.

This part of the discussion is not new to Brewerfan, but the main reason I can manage these games is because we sit in the family section. That Sunday game will be in our loge seats in front of the press box, which is about as tame as we can get.

Opening Day will be a different matter, as family sections are not maintained that day and we're due to sit in the terrace. That's a situation where I might just switch to Game 2, but under this schedule that would be a Saturday night game vs CHC. Not in the terrace!

Mostly I'm counting on my general WOO BASEBALL IS BACK euphoria overriding the unpleasant fan atmosphere, and focusing on getting one CHC and one STL series out of the way quickly.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I hate Opening Day. I stopped going when I was about 22 and the draw of it wore off. I respect the wishes of everyone that wants to go to that block party and take in the urine and vomit, but I aged out of it a while ago. I sell it off every year and usually get back ~20% of my 20-pack. Won't be any different this year.

Conversely, I went to the following 3 games last year and it's one of my favorite times to go. Weather isn't great usually, school is still in...bad for the Brewers but great for me.

Archived