Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-11: Rangers (Minor) at Brewers (Lyles) [Brewers lose, 1-0]

Eye Black
So disappointed with our offense lately. So often we just can't come up with that one hit that we need.

I mean, in the 5 games since the Cubs series we have scored 30 runs ... not excusing today but still.

21 against the Pirates, 9 against the Rangers in 3 games. Fortunate to get two wins over the weekend with that kind of production. Will probably need more than 3 runs a game against teams like the Twins, Nats, Cardinals, Astros, and Cubs.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This teams lineup vs LHP stinks. Period. Stearns fault.

The Aguilar trade made it worse. Now we are stuck mixing and matching at 1B against LHP.

Small sample size, but Aguilar is hitting .348 for the Rays. His bat certainly would have helped today more than Faria's arm has helped us.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
So disappointed with our offense lately. So often we just can't come up with that one hit that we need.

I mean, in the 5 games since the Cubs series we have scored 30 runs ... not excusing today but still.

21 against the Pirates, 9 against the Rangers in 3 games. Fortunate to get two wins over the weekend with that kind of production. Will probably need more than 3 runs a game against teams like the Twins, Nats, Cardinals, Astros, and Cubs.

Alternatively, the rangers were fortunate to get a win in a game they scored only one run in...

This teams lineup vs LHP stinks. Period. Stearns fault.

The Aguilar trade made it worse. Now we are stuck mixing and matching at 1B against LHP.

Small sample size, but Aguilar is hitting .348 for the Rays. His bat certainly would have helped today more than Faria's arm has helped us.

I thought that was a decent trade for the rays. I could see Aguilar having a good last 40-50 games. For a meh reliever

Alternatively, the rangers were fortunate to get a win in a game they scored only one run in...

That’s true, but we’re talking about the Brewers offense. I don’t care at all about the Rangers.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I haven’t been on the Freitas bandwagon, and I’m not likely to hop on enthusiastically, but if it means we can give Grandal a couple days off to reset and hit the cage a little more, I’d be down. And give Perez a start at 3rd for Moose while we’re at it. It’s a brutal stretch of games until the Brewers go to Miami on September 9th, and the squeaky wheels need to get oiled ASAP.

Na, let’s continue to do the same ole same ole and leave the .525 vs LHP hitter down below to continue to help San Antonio crush their opponents.

I haven’t been on the Freitas bandwagon, and I’m not likely to hop on enthusiastically, but if it means we can give Grandal a couple days off to reset and hit the cage a little more, I’d be down. And give Perez a start at 3rd for Moose while we’re at it. It’s a brutal stretch of games until the Brewers go to Miami on September 9th, and the squeaky wheels need to get oiled ASAP.

Na, let’s continue to do the same ole same ole and leave the .525 vs LHP hitter down below to continue to help San Antonio crush their opponents.

Can we bring up those opposing pitchers so we can hit against them too?

I have said before in terms of resources there are few teams that are as out of balance more than the brewers. 88 percent of there payroll is spent on bats. This means you expect them to be your backbone day in and day out. You are hitching your wagon to the lineup to score and take pressure off the pitching. This is not working as planned. The schedule coming up is brutal in terms of offensive teams that can score. Yelich out is bad news. Without him they are way below average.

We always talk about the Cubs and Cardinals but the Mets are going to be the team to keep us out of the playoffs. They are good.

The cardinals are the one. Look at the schedules. We are going to have to win the series against the cardinals to make the playoffs. Pirates blowing this today hurts. So we lose a game this weekend. And now they have the royals and we get the twins.

The Mets schedule gets really tough

AAA lefties are actually something we've seen a lot of lately...

AAA lefties are actually something we've seen a lot of lately...

Well there goes that strategy

We always talk about the Cubs and Cardinals but the Mets are going to be the team to keep us out of the playoffs. They are good.

The cardinals are the one. Look at the schedules. We are going to have to win the series against the cardinals to make the playoffs. Pirates blowing this today hurts. So we lose a game this weekend. And now they have the royals and we get the twins.

I knew that the Pirates were in the dumpster, but I hadn’t focused on how bad it was. They went into the All Star break feeling pretty good about themselves after winning 3 of 4 from the Cubs and 2 of 3 from the Brewers to pull within 2.5 games of first place.

Assuming they don’t come back today after blowing a 4 run lead in the seventh inning they have gone 4-24 since then. Now THAT is REALLY bad.

I knew that the Pirates were in the dumpster, but I hadn’t focused on how bad it was. They went into the All Star break feeling pretty good about themselves after winning 3 of 4 from the Cubs and 2 of 3 from the Brewers to pull within 2.5 games of first place.

Assuming they don’t come back today after blowing a 4 run lead in the seventh inning they have gone 4-24 since then. Now THAT is REALLY bad.

Hurdle been there forever. It's time for them to move on. They are terrible and have basically quit.

Lefties we've beat...

Quintana (twice), Urias, Caleb Ferguson, Ryu, Freeland, Matz, Vargas, Caleb Smith, Brault (four times!), MadBum, Keuchel, Alex Young, Lester, Brett Anderson, Kolby Allard.

Lefties who beat us...

Hamels (thrice), Urias, Kershaw, Matz, Lester, Max Fried (twice), Devin Smetzler, Pomeranz (do we get this one back? hafta call the league office), MadBum, Luchessi, Logan Allen, Matt Strahm, Marco Gonzalez, Quintana (twice), Minor.

By my count we are 12-15 vs "good" lefties (better than league average FIP) & 7-4 vs "bad" lefties (worse than league average FIP), for whatever that is or isn't worth.

Call me crazy, but I don't see Counsell firing the guy who was his head coach in college (& someone he considers a mentor) so he can bring in Clint Hurdle to tell him he needs to order his pitchers to throw at more people's heads.

Anyone wondering why the Cardinals are where they are...look no further than their after ASB schedule...a ridiculous 9 games already against the Pirates in which they are 8-1.., 4 against the Reds(3-1), 3 against Arizona...2-1....13-3 against those teams since the all star break..Against the actual good teams they have played since the All star break..Cubs, Dodgers, Houston, Oakland..3-8. And now they get to play KC...Schedule matters and when you play someone matters, the Cardinals are living proof of that.

Archived