Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Friday 8/9 - TGIF!

Mass Haas
Brewer Fanatic Staff

http://www.brewerfan.net/images/store/dailylinkreport.jpg

Organizational Scoreboard including starting pitcher info, game times, MiLB TV links, and box scores

Dominican Summer League Scoreboard (includes DSL Brewers/Indians game)

Links for affiliate audio

Standings and sortable stat pages

MiLB.TV options: Only two feeds - Carolina home, San Antonio and Biloxi road. Wisconsin and Rocky Mountain unavailable.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

RHP Edinson Mejia made his Dominican Summer League pro debut with two June starts, but has not pitched since. We wish him a happy 18th birthday today.

http://www.milb.com/images/690851/t617/180x270/690851.jpg

Recently activated and just three games into his pro career, picture-less DSL RHP Ramon Carrasco turns 17 today.

Does anyone know why Feliciano isn't getting more press? Seems like a 20 year catcher showing good hit and power numbers in a non-friendly hitting environment would be grabbing more headlines. Heck, he has to have a shot at the Carolina record for HR's going into the home stretch.

Freitas 3 more hits, ave up to .381 > but let’s continue to watch Perez flail away with the big club. I hope he’s able to take advantage of his probable limited playing time in September to show how asinine keeping him down all year was. If the crew loses out by a game or two I blame Stearns.

No excuse to keep him away from the big club when he helps solve their biggest offensive weakness > hitting vs LHP. .525 obviously isn’t good enough, I suppose it needed to get over 60%.

Freitas 3 more hits, ave up to .381 > but let’s continue to watch Perez flail away with the big club. I hope he’s able to take advantage of his probable limited playing time in September to show how asinine keeping him down all year was. If the crew loses out by a game or two I blame Stearns.

No excuse to keep him away from the big club when he helps solve their biggest offensive weakness > hitting vs LHP. .525 obviously isn’t good enough, I suppose it needed to get over 60%.

You want Freitas up? I never would have guessed? First I'm hearing of it!

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Box: Rocky Mountain 2, Billings 1

Alternative box includes inning-by-inning linescore

Vibes hold off Billings

Mike Clark, Billings Gazette

BILLINGS — Nick Kahle hit a two-run home run and Rocky Mountain’s pitching made it stand up — not without some ninth-inning drama, however — as the Vibes defeated the Billings Mustangs 2-1 Friday night in front of 3,013 fans at Dehler Park.

Vibes starter Brock Begue threw four shutout innings, and he combined with three other pitchers to limit the Mustangs (7-4, 22-27) to seven hits.

The final pitcher, Taylor Floyd, escaped a ninth-inning jam when the Mustangs loaded the bases with one out on an error, a hit by pitch and a single by Jonathan Willems. But Floyd threw to home on Victor Martinez's comebacker for the second out and induced a game-ending fly ball from Quincy McAfee to earn his first save.

Kahle’s home run, his sixth of the season, came in the fourth inning, and the Mustangs pulled within a run in the sixth when TJ Hopkins scored on a Rocky Mountain error.

Arman Sabouri (2-3) allowed an unearned run in three innings of work for the win.

The Vibes (5-6, 22-27) won despite getting just four hits. Mustangs starter Carlos Carreno (3-5) allowed two runs in 5 2/3 innings and was tagged with the loss.

VIDEO highlights from this road game: Defense gets the Vibes into, and then out of, trouble

PHOTO GALLERY: Some shots of the Vibes amid the Billings focus in this collection - are you a fan of Rocky Mountain's tan and brown jerseys?

First baseman Ernesto Martinez now all the way back, makes the start. This was Nick Kahle's first game in a week, and good to see he was behind the plate for all of it. RHP Steve Pastora had not pitched for five weeks.

AUDIO Tweet: Kahle's home run

You want Freitas up? I never would have guessed? First I'm hearing of it!

Last rant.

He’s not coming up til September now, with Perez back rostered, unless injury of course.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Carolina Pre-Game Media Notes

Box: Carolina 6, Salem 4

Feliciano and Lutz Power Mudcats in Series Opening 6-4 Victory

Feliciano hit his league best 19th homer and Lutz hit a go-ahead 3-run homer versus Salem

VIDEO Tweet:

Tristen Lutz HR

"I've been wanting and waiting for the right moment to drop a "great googa mooga" on a home run call. Mario Feliciano's last homer was for sure the time to do just that. Another missed opportunity on my part." - Voice of the Mudcats Greg Young Jr.

Sorry, no video on that one.

Does anyone know why Feliciano isn't getting more press? Seems like a 20 year catcher showing good hit and power numbers in a non-friendly hitting environment would be grabbing more headlines.

We've tried to do our part :).

Very glad both he and Payton Henry survived the trade deadline.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Box: Albuquerque 11, San Antonio 10

It was 11-5 after six innings, as the late rally came up just short.

Darn pinball PCL sites -- Zack Brown 75 pitches through three innings, LHP Angel Perdomo had only allowed three runs in an outing once all season (six runs here).

HR: SA: Hager (11) , Erceg (15) , Saladino (15) . ABQ: Hilliard (30) , Soto (7) , Nunez (16) .

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Box: DSL Rangers #1 Squad 15, DSL Brewers/Indians 3

Wait, there's good news, despite the latest losing streak up to five games for the 13-42 club.

17-year-old Venezuelan rookie RHP Edwin Jimenez walked only one - that's been an issue - in five strong innings, 2.80 ERA in ten appearances (eight starts).

RHP Felipito Santos is 0-9, 13.03, but he belongs to Cleveland.

Talk about a career game - rookie 17-year-old Venezuelan OF Isaac Curbata was 4-for-4. Prior to Friday, he had been 8-for-68.

19-year-old switch-hitting 2nd-year Dominican infielder (third baseman here) Francisco Gonzalez is emerging - on base three times here, line up to .290/.378/.379.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Box: DSL Brewers 5, DSL Rangers #2 Squad 0

Two starts ago, RHP Juan Gomez tossed seven scoreless. Six innings of two-hit ball on Friday, as he continues to put his lost (missed) 2018 season well behind him. At 22 years old, he needed to.

Normally a catcher, Farlyn Manon made his first start of 2019 at first base, he homered and added a sacrifice fly.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Box: Albuquerque 11, San Antonio 10

It was 11-5 after six innings, as the late rally came up just short.

Darn pinball PCL sites -- Zack Brown 75 pitches through three innings, LHP Angel Perdomo had only allowed three runs in an outing once all season (six runs here).

HR: SA: Hager (11) , Erceg (15) , Saladino (15) . ABQ: Hilliard (30) , Soto (7) , Nunez (16) .

The Missions noted Saturday AM that Lucas Erceg extended his multi-hit game streak to a career-high five games while David Freitas recorded multiple hits for the fifth straight game as well.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

DVR ALERT:

As Mr. Mehring reminds us:

If you can't make it out to the ballpark, there are several ways to follow the action. Saturday's Timber Rattlers game will be televised on CW-14 in Northeastern Wisconsin and on My-24 in Southeastern Wisconsin starting at 6:30 PM. The radio broadcast is on AM1280, WNAM and the TuneIn Radio app starting with the Papa John's Pizza Pregame Show at 6:15pm. MiLB.tv subscribers can watch the game over the internet.

Thanks, Mark. If anyone has an update on his velocity it would be much appreciated.

Small's velocity has been similar to what it was in college.

I get the Brewers are easing him to pro ball after a rest following a college season where he logged 101 innings, but he should be challenged a bit more than rookie/low A ball considering his main attribute was that he was close to being a finished product while still in college.

Archived