Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-09: Rangers (Allard) at Brewers (González) [Brewers win, 6-5 -- Bullpen struggles resurface; Thames walk-off HR in 9th]

Eye Black
That catch by Moustakas is exactly why Brian annoys me. It wasn't some great, amazing catch. It was fairly routine, you don't need to sell it as more than that.

Just for that he's totally going to take the next two weeks off to cover the National Disc Golf Summer Invitational.

Have you seen those guys? Incredible skill.

[sarcasm]Disc golf is for noobs. You should see the tiddlywink players.[/sarcasm]

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My goodness. First base is a huge area of need. Too bad there aren’t any waiver trades anymore. This offseason should be very interesting for the corner infielders, to say the least.

David Freitas says hi to ya Harvey.

A 30-year-old minor league FA catcher part-time moonlighting at 1B doesn't mean 1B isn't a need across the organization.

My goodness. First base is a huge area of need. Too bad there aren’t any waiver trades anymore. This offseason should be very interesting for the corner infielders, to say the least.

I want to be surprised, but forgive me if I don’t buy the 30 year-old journeyman having a career year that just so happens to coincide with the AAA debut of the new homer-happy baseballs.

Win or lose this is the kind of game that hIghlights why, at least for me, the Brewers are a long shot to make the playoffs. Other teams in the wild card chase, like the Nats, Mets, and Cards look to be much better positioned for the stretch run. It really helps to have some pitchers that have a chance to go 7 strong innings.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

A 30-year-old minor league FA catcher part-time moonlighting at 1B doesn't mean 1B isn't a need across the organization.

Sure, area of need in the organization is a fact. Waiver wire comment, to me, meant This August.

I want to be surprised, but forgive me if I don’t buy the 30 year-old journeyman having a career year that just so happens to coincide with the AAA debut of the new homer-happy baseballs.

Which HASN’T inflated his numbers because he’s NOT a homerun hitter.

.370+ .460+ this year > juiced ball year.

.340+ .430+ last year > non juiced ball year.

But all these stats have already been shown for the last month or two in numerous threads, although they are a little higher now.

Which HASN’T inflated his numbers because he’s NOT a homerun hitter.

.370+ .460+ this year > juiced ball year.

.340+ .430+ last year > non juiced ball year.

But all these stats have already been shown for the last month or two in numerous threads, although they are a little higher now.

Ok, I’ll admit those splits aren’t nearly as pronounced as I thought they’d be. But you don’t have to be a home-run hitter to benefit from a ball that travels farther.

Can someone look this up

Has Grandal ever scored from first on a double in his life? High school? Little league? Whiffle ball?

I’m sure he has, but even healthy Yelich wouldn’t have scored from first on Pina’s hit.

ETA: According to Baseball Reference, Grandal has scored from first on a double 7 times in his career, including once this year. That’s out of 56 times that he has been on first when a double was hit.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Win or lose this is the kind of game that hIghlights why, at least for me, the Brewers are a long shot to make the playoffs. Other teams in the wild card chase, like the Nats, Mets, and Cards look to be much better positioned for the stretch run. It really helps to have some pitchers that have a chance to go 7 strong innings.

Forget the wild card, we’re winning the central!

Archived