Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-09: Rangers (Allard) at Brewers (González) [Brewers win, 6-5 -- Bullpen struggles resurface; Thames walk-off HR in 9th]

Eye Black

Braun is such a guess hitter these days. When he guesses right, he's good. When not, notso much. That second strike was directly in his wheelhouse, but he thought it was a slider. That last slider he couldn't even come close to holding back on after he guessed wrong.

On the whole he is still productive though.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I switched over to the Mets game just in time to see them get 3 in the 9th to tie the Nats (Frazier HR). Fun times in the NL!

It kinda bugs me that the Mets are the hottest team in baseball right now. I was kinda enjoying them underperforming after all the spending they did this offseason.

Usually when a player is being brought to the big leagues for the first time they say he is being called up or brought up, not “recalled”. Looking back at stories this year about Hiura and Grisham should confirm that.

Contract selected/purchased is the official move in their case, since they weren't on the 40. Mauricio Dubon, however, was recalled when he made his debut.

I get what you’re saying about technical baseball contract terminology. But stories about Dubon, Hiura, and Grisham said they were being “called up” to make their MLB debuts.

The language in baseball makes perfect sense compared to college sports where a “commitment” has no binding effect at all but a “letter of intent” is binding. That is really backward.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Community Moderator
I switched over to the Mets game just in time to see them get 3 in the 9th to tie the Nats (Frazier HR). Fun times in the NL!

It kinda bugs me that the Mets are the hottest team in baseball right now. I was kinda enjoying them underperforming after all the spending they did this offseason.

I still think the Mets will miss the playoffs but it's good for baseball for them to generate a little buzz. Crowd is rocking there tonight.

This is where Counsell has messed up a lot this year IMO...a guy like Freddy comes in, gets two quick outs..then walks a guy...as SOON as he walked that first guy, he should have someone up..but he has always seemed to wait to long this year to get guys up, and whoever is on the mound has to face a batter or two more than they should, and the inning blows up.

This is where Counsell has messed up a lot this year IMO...a guy like Freddy comes in, gets two quick outs..then walks a guy...as SOON as he walked that first guy, he should have someone up..but he has always seemed to wait to long this year to get guys up, and whoever is on the mound has to face a batter or two more than they should, and the inning blows up.

When you need at least four relievers every game you have to be a little judicious about how often they have guys throwing in the bullpen.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

When you need at least four relievers every game you have to be a little judicious about how often they have guys throwing in the bullpen.

Yup. September can’t get here fast enough.

CC is usually taking guys out early, if anything.

Remember two weeks ago when some people thought Peralta was going to provide a second dependable option in the bullpen.

He has since shown why any expectation that the Brewers can be successful using last year’s formula is unrealistic.

Remember two weeks ago when some people thought Peralta was going to provide a second dependable option in the bullpen.

He has since shown why any expectation that the Brewers can be successful using last year’s formula is unrealistic.

He got that save and looked absolutely electric. He's pretty much looked like crap since then.

Archived