Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-07: Brewers (Pomeranz) at Pirates (Williams) 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-3 -- Offense stays hot; Bullpen Day proves a success as Crew completes sweep]

Eye Black
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I log on to check the game, and see that Hiura is absolutely killing it. Makes sense, seeing as I decided this morning to bench him in my fantasy league until he got out of his slump. Guess this is why I didn’t go into finance...

Pittsburgh will be 4-21 since the All-Star break after this game finishes.

In a way it's too bad that there is all the money involved and the gate receipts and all that stuff....because if there wasn't then we could all just tell the Pirates to go home now and try again in 2020.

Boy, Pittsburgh is bad but this is what this team needed.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

This is how I expected this line-up to hit the entire season. I know there are off days, but I fully expected this offense to be lethal.
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Pittsburgh will be 4-21 since the All-Star break after this game finishes.

In a way it's too bad that there is all the money involved and the gate receipts and all that stuff....because if there wasn't then we could all just tell the Pirates to go home now and try again in 2020.

They were a few games over .500 before that, hard to believe. Meanwhile it's possible the Brewers end the night tied for WC2. Just about as hard to believe. This season feels like such a struggle. Almost every win seems so hard fought, or a constant playing from behind.

And, as I had suspected and said awhile ago when everyone was all impressed by the Cardinals...once they played real teams after the ASB they would come back to reality...and they have.

There are 45 games left and they are what, .5 behind the Brewers or something? They're mediocre like the other six teams bunched in the middle. Any of them could be wild cards. Only the Cubs seem to be separating into a lock position.

I might be in the minority, but I still like the Brewers to win the division. Just not sold on the Cubs or the Cardinals.

Keep some perspective though, we are playing the Pirates. You saw how we looked against the Cubs, night and day.

Not saying it isn't possible, but odds are not in our favor imo.

Really doesn't look like Cain should be running. Surprised they haven't had one of the pitchers run for him.

Will never know if that is an act, or is for real...

Really doesn't look like Cain should be running. Surprised they haven't had one of the pitchers run for him.

...and now the boy who cries wolf will be in CF? He must be ok.

*shaking head*

Well, I guess that's answered by going into the field.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Is it possible Cain was limping around to fool the Pirates into thinking he couldn't run?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived