Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-07: Brewers (Pomeranz) at Pirates (Williams) 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-3 -- Offense stays hot; Bullpen Day proves a success as Crew completes sweep]

Eye Black
Supak must not be ready. There isn't a more perfect time for him to get a one-off spot start to get his feet wet. He is needed, it's on the road, he's on the roster (already used his option), he's pitched well all year... I don't get it.

C'mon...the Supak love is a little over the top here...he has made 2...2AAA starts...in his first one he gave up 4 bombs...4!! He's a rookie, and everyone wants to throw him into the fire in the middle of a pennant race?? Even if it's for only one start...I'm NOT okay with that. Then again, had the Brewers gone out and did what they should have at the deadline and gotten a starter, this situation wouldn't be so dire. But, can we be careful with the Supak love here please?? I need to see ALOT more before I'm ready to anoint him. Besides, what would he go, 4 innings at most I'd bet?? No point in calling him up for that.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Supak must not be ready. There isn't a more perfect time for him to get a one-off spot start to get his feet wet. He is needed, it's on the road, he's on the roster (already used his option), he's pitched well all year... I don't get it.

C'mon...the Supak love is a little over the top here...he has made 2...2AAA starts...in his first one he gave up 4 bombs...4!! He's a rookie, and everyone wants to throw him into the fire in the middle of a pennant race?? Even if it's for only one start...I'm NOT okay with that. Then again, had the Brewers gone out and did what they should have at the deadline and gotten a starter, this situation wouldn't be so dire. But, can we be careful with the Supak love here please?? I need to see ALOT more before I'm ready to anoint him. Besides, what would he go, 4 innings at most I'd bet?? No point in calling him up for that.

So, Supak must not be ready.

I guess we'd better hope no one else gets hurt? IL'ing Cain wouldn't hurt too much with his production but apparently we enjoy having no one available to play OF/ SS/ PH on a nightly basis.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Ryan Braun in RF tonight. Team player.

In a vacuum you’d think Grisham in right would make more sense. But maybe with the lefty starting they think there might be more action in left. I wonder if Counsell will flip them when the first righty reliever enters the game.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Ryan Braun in RF tonight. Team player.

In a vacuum you’d think Grisham in right would make more sense. But maybe with the lefty starting they think there might be more action in left. I wonder if Counsell will flip them when the first righty reliever enters the game.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Jordan Lyles (whose acquisition you hated) has matched any of the "name" guys you begged for at the deadline. Because baseball.

Perhaps you need to take a step back and examine what you are complaining about.

Jordan Lyles (whose acquisition you hated) has matched any of the "name" guys you begged for at the deadline. Because baseball.

Perhaps you need to take a step back and examine what you are complaining about.

Slow down man, Lyles has looked fine so far, but there is no way his pixie dust lasts the rest of the season...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

29 pitches. Have to believe he can pitch another

Don't know......he pitched on Monday right?

Yeah he did. Forgot about that. He is cruising though and it is the bottom of the order. I think it is worth trying to steal an inning with our bullpen the way it is

Archived