Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-06: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Brault) [Brewers win, 4-3 -- Anderson with another solid outing; Faria pitches two scoreless in Brewers debut; Albers notches the save]

Eye Black
  • Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After watching the replay again I think that might have been a called play. Shaw ran halfway to second and stood there. It wasn’t a snap throw, Shaw should have been going back by that point if he wasn’t intentionally trying to draw a throw.

After watching the replay again I think that might have been a called play. Shaw ran halfway to second and stood there. It wasn’t a snap throw, Shaw should have been going back by that point if he wasn’t intentionally trying to draw a throw.

I think so too. He was making jerky moves to first like like he was trying to bait a throw too.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Shoulda mentioned before the double.... but we a pinch runner for Grandal made sense when he was on 1st and still does with him on 3rd. Put Shaw in at 1st for the 9th.

Who would you have put in?

Hard to believe there isn't a single pitcher on the team faster than Grandal.

Not really that hard to believe. And not hard to believe that they don’t want to risk an injury to a pitcher that doesn’t run the bases very often.

Davies, Gonzalez, Houser, Hader, Peralta, Albers, Jeffress?

Not seeing real good pinch running options there.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Archived