Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-06: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Brault) [Brewers win, 4-3 -- Anderson with another solid outing; Faria pitches two scoreless in Brewers debut; Albers notches the save]

Eye Black
  • Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Over/under 2 runs scored with Yeli on the bench?

Even without Yeli, we're gonna shell this guy.

I like the confidence, but to date the only Brewers hitters who have had much (any?) success against Brault are Moustakas and Yelich.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I like the confidence, but to date the only Brewers hitters who have had much (any?) success against Brault are Moustakas and Yelich.

I was looking at statcast data of Brewers against Brault. All of Grandal, Braun, Moose, and Cain should all have very good numbers against Brault(cain/braun especially)...but have mostly been unlucky. Yelich on the other hand, has actually been lucky. I don't think Hiura has faced Brault, Grisham obviously hasn't. Pina and Arcia have been mediocre at best. So 4 good, 2 bad, 2 unknowns(probably good) and Brault may not be super sharp as he's coming off a long absence.

Unless Yelich is banged up, there is no excuse, not ONE, for him being on the bench after hitting 2 homers and 4 hits last night.

Why on earth does CC want to kill any momentum he or the team has? You don't bench a guy who hits two homers the next game unless they are hurt, period.

Mind boggling.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

What happened to Cain?

Fouled a ball off his knee. He stayed in, and on his fly out to center he had an adventure to first that included stumbling and lots of hobbling.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Well, not much shelling of Brault going on so far.

Coming into tonight the current collection of Brewers have a combined .584 OPS against Brault. They now have more strikeouts (22) against him than hits (21). Hiura now has 3 Ks in 4 appearances against him. Yelich and Moustakas have accounted for 4 of the 6 extra base hits against him (each with a double and HR). For whatever reason they struggle against Brault.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Give Chase credit. He has been reliable for the most part and pretty good all season. Who would have thought?

I don't know ... I think he's been pretty reliable since he was acquired. Even giving up lots of HRs last year his ERA was under 4. He's a solid, durable #3-4 starter.

What inning does MLB usually start pushing the “No Hitter” or “Perfect Game” alerts? It seems like it’s earlier than ever now, I’m guessing maybe it’s the 6th inning?

Give Chase credit. He has been reliable for the most part and pretty good all season. Who would have thought?

I don't know ... I think he's been pretty reliable since he was acquired. Even giving up lots of HRs last year his ERA was under 4. He's a solid, durable #3-4 starter.

All in all I agree but given how last year ended for him and being sent to the pen in the spring his season is a bit of a surprise.

All in all I agree but given how last year ended for him and being sent to the pen in the spring his season is a bit of a surprise.

I was a lot more surprised they would start the year with him in the pen than I am that he is performing well. The guy has always performed, yet CC trusts him about as much as he did Villar.

What inning does MLB usually start pushing the “No Hitter” or “Perfect Game” alerts? It seems like it’s earlier than ever now, I’m guessing maybe it’s the 6th inning?

Get into the 6th with it seems about right when I start seeing them.

Archived