Brewer Fanatic

Quick Math

Jopal78

9 wins The number of wins the Brewers have this season in games where one of their batters did not hit a homerun. More interesting, the Brewers had just two wins in July in games where they didn't homer. Which was also their first losing month of the season.

41-12 The Brewers record in games where they have scored 5 runs or more.

11-39 The Brewers record in games where their pitchers have allowed 5 or more runs.

Without comparing their results to other teams it is difficult to conclude they are over reliant on home runs to win. However in their worst month of July two big homerun hitters tapered off considerably with Moustakas hitting three homers, and Grandal with one,

Not sure what conclusions can be drawn from their record when scoring 5 runs or giving up 5 runs, but can be used as a prognosticator for when to turn the game off or keep listening/watching.

When the NL average is about 4.8 runs per game, it's not surprising that 5 runs per game is the breaking point of winning and losing games.

You also left out the fact that they've only had 24 games without a home run.

So they are 9-15 in those games. Not bad, all things considered.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I bet every team will have very good numbers when they score five or more runs. I suspect most teams have a losing record when they don't hit a homerun. I think most teams will have a very poor winning percentage when they give up five or more runs. So unless those raw numbers are put in comparison to something they are pretty meaningless.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Archived